iZ3D No Longer Selling 3D Monitors, Focusing on Software

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
PressBot
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by PressBot »

iZ3D has formalized their new company direction.  Below is the official word from Vadim Asadov, CTO for iZ3D LLC:

Friends of iZ3D,

Twelve years ago Neurok LLC (Russia) started a 3D project. Since then we followed our optimistic visions about 3D and attempted to influence the development of the barely noticeable 3D market. As any evolution, the 3D evolution had to overcome many hurdles with proactive actions to economic changes and to shifting market demands.

In 2003 Neurok Optics, LLC (USA), the predecessor if iZ3D, Inc., released a glasses-free auto-stereoscopic 3D display that was based on an integrated neural network algorithm. We found that the neural network algorithm replicates nature with its 3D effects but it lacked the "wow" effects of 3D pop-out and appreciable in-screen depth.
Read full article...
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: iZ3D No Longer Selling 3D Monitors, Focusing on Software

Post by tritosine5G »

Quite a read, on a quite bad occasion .

I won't have SED display either. :cry:
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
Neil

Post by Neil »

Why do you think it's a bad occasion? That monitor has been around for three years already. Time for a change. :P

Regards,
Neil
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

...seemed like they are one of the few in business when it comes to innovative displays.

Also, since Im reading about hold time stuff, SED seems like it had an inherent advantage with frame sequential 3d. Too bad its not goin to see the light.
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Yep, it doesn't look so sad for iZ3D, I've never seen very good reviews about their monitors even if they were technically interesting.

For SED it's a major loss though, all the advantages of the CRT (excellent contrast ratio and color gamut, wide viewing angles, very fast response times) with the same factor size and less power consumption than LCD. That would have made the perfect companion for active glasses. Really sad...

I still wonder if iZ3D is strong enough to compete in the 3D driver market though. I don't own their driver and I may be wrong, but from what I've read in the past they still don't support real vsync at 120Hz or DDC glasses for example. That may change with the deal they made with AMD/ATI and the future is probably in the TV more than in the PC, but we're not there yet...
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

Awh man, I was looking forward to the 27" IZ3D. :( The tech did have a lot of downsides, though, mainly the ghosting.

I am glad the driver will still be around! Hurry up and release a "Gold Package" or something with all the outputs, please? Pretty please? :cry:
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Too bad, its always good to have more choices. However I think their software was stronger than their hardware and its good to see them play to their strengths. Hopefully the 3d driver market will be lucrative enough for them to stick around for many years to come.
ssiu
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by ssiu »

Neil wrote:Why do you think it's a bad occasion? That monitor has been around for three years already. Time for a change. :P

Regards,
Neil
Not bad because the old monitor is being discontinued, but bad because a new replacement model that is supposed to fix the ghosting (the #1 issue for iZ3D by far) won't be coming. Bad because there isn't any other full-res polarized solution, bad because there is one less choice, etc.
gisabun

Post by gisabun »

I find it a bit odd that iZ3D is exiting the hardware side just as 3D technology has been booming. Maybe they can't compete with the bigger boys out there. who knows.

But to put all their egss in one basket [software] could be risky.

Neil: Most screen companies release multiple monitors of the same size [usually with different features]. iZ3D seemed stuck at the 22" monitor for [as you said] 3 years with no released replacement to fix [as ssiu said] for the ghosting or any other issue.
[My opinion only.]
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I think the new monitor wasn't able to keep up in imagequality compared to others on the market so it's not bad news or a bad decision of iz3d in my opinion. Quite the contrary i think they've found their final niche and hopefully 3d-hardwaremanufacturers will seek iz3d's support for their products.
It's also good for the "3d-stereobusiness" in all i think. Hardwaremanufacturers would be equalized without the softwaresupport interfering too much which makes them concentrate on price/quality. Exactly as it should be imo (now also get rid of those idiotic mediaexclusives....).
Iz3d's decision is a step in right direction but i can't help feeling a little sad about the discontinuance of their monitors. I have the iz3d-22"er and even if it ghost a bit i'm really happy with it.
Good luck in the future iz3d-team! I think everyone wish you the best (nvidia doesn't count. :P).
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

To bad Iz3d just don't see a profit in hardware to develop an iz3d autosteroscopic monitor. Theres all the talk about auto stereo tvs but what about a good 22'' or 24'' computer monitor. They are a step ahead of the current market since polarized is seen as better and more econmic. They must have sold like hot cakes in the last few years and futhermore they could also make and sell polarized screen sheets for conventional tv's and monitors both polarized and autostereoscopic, unless it cost to much and they don't have a patent. Maybe they need to dig down for the next best thing. Probably with Ati and viewsonic also 3d laptops with shutterglasses.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Neil

Post by Neil »

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

iZ3D 22 inch 3D Monitor

iZ3D has formalized their new company direction.  Below is the official word from Vadim Asadov, CTO for iZ3D LLC:

Friends of iZ3D,

Twelve years ago Neurok LLC (Russia) started a 3D project. Since then we followed our optimistic visions about 3D and attempted to influence the development of the barely noticeable 3D market. As any evolution, the 3D evolution had to overcome many hurdles with proactive actions to economic changes and to shifting market demands.

In 2003 Neurok Optics, LLC (USA), the predecessor if iZ3D, Inc., released a glasses-free auto-stereoscopic 3D display that was based on an integrated neural network algorithm. We found that the neural network algorithm replicates nature with its 3D effects but it lacked the “wow” effects of 3D pop-out and appreciable in-screen depth.

Return to “MTBS News”