iZ3D Driver Version 1.09 Has Been Released!

Welder
Certif-Eyed!

iZ3D Driver Version 1.09 Has Been Released!

Post by Welder »

We are glad to announce that we have released version 1.09 of the iZ3D Drivers.
There are a lot of changes since 1.09, including the addition of several new outputs.

We are also glad to announce that all ATI RADEON™ Video Card users now have Free Unlimited access to the 3D DLP 3D Output

You can find the driver release here:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/dloads/index.php?act=view&id=46" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Or at our website here:
http://iz3d.com/download" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A full ChangeLog can be found here: (Anything after 1.08.0000 Is New)
http://iz3d.com/download/files/ChangeLog.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy! Please feel free to post your feedback!
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

i would like to know what is 3d scale option used for?? i don't see any difference in 3d image between the values.
Borg_Rootan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: iZ3D Driver Version 1.09 Has Been Released!

Post by Borg_Rootan »

Welder wrote:We are also glad to announce that all ATI RADEON™ Video Card users now have Free Unlimited access to the 3D DLP 3D Output
Hi, it's great news!!! What is exactly 3D DLP output? How does it work? I have 3D DLP projector and shuter glasses, but old nVidia card, is that solution for me? When I upgrade to new AMD card, of course.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

So I guess there are two announcements hidden in here. First, the release of the 1.09 drivers. Congrats! I have been using the beta's for the last few weeks and have been very happy with their performance and will likely be one of the first to purchase the DLP3D output license. Secondly, your partnership with AMD is announced (looks like I guessed correctly several weeks ago) :)

Congrats on both fronts! So here is the big question. Why offer ONLY the DLP3D driver to ONLY ATI customers? I can understand the latter due to your new partnership with AMD/ATI, but it is the only DLP part that confused me a bit. Maybe there is more news coming that will clarify this point?

Thanks for the new set of drivers! I will be warming up the credit card later this evening to support you in your efforts (even though I still have plenty of time left with the Betas).

Nice work!
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
rmcclelland
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by rmcclelland »

Doh! I just bought an Nvidia card yesterday for my new 3D gaming HTPC to be used with my Samsung 3D DLP. Guess I should have gone for AMD! Maybe I'll RMA the card. Good to see vid card companies realizing people are starting to make buying decisions based on 3D support. I though AMD wasn't interested in 3D. Any other news about 3D support coming from AMD soon? That could sway my decision to buy AMD.

Thanks,
Ryan
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

:D Next card will be an ATI!
I actually made this decision before because of the 8800 i have :roll: . I'm still gonna keep my 7900 to occasionally play my old faves!

Great news indeed and congratz iz3d and AMD! May you kick Nvidia into the past! (I can dream right? ;) )
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
winch8
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winch8 »

hey why the hell nobody reply to my questions??
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

i think it twaks the speed at which separation and convergence values change when you push the + and - keys (not sure)
Borg_Rootan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Borg_Rootan »

Is there any diference between simply shuter mode and 3D DLP? I'm little confused. Does ATI have better frame sequential control (LRLRLR), or only pay free solution? No Body need this information? :o
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

Borg_Rootan wrote:Is there any diference between simply shuter mode and 3D DLP? I'm little confused. Does ATI have better frame sequential control (LRLRLR), or only pay free solution? No Body need this information? :o
I am confused too, but my english is not so good the express what i wanted to say/ask. An official statement would things clear up.

What i dont understand is if they partnershipped, why ati shouldn´t suppot iz3d with frame sequential control? It´s a win win situation.
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, guys!

Few comments here:

1. 3d scale option is to control speed of conversion changes - to make it faster or slower (click to Description in Help section - we have full driver description there)

2. 3D DLP is checkerboard output made for such devices like Sam sung 3D DLP TV and Mitsubishi 3D DLP TV - these devices use shutter glasses to see 3D. Common sutters will not work with this output

3. IF you an owner of ATI card you can have this output for free - otherwise you need to pay after 30 days trial period.
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

BlackQ wrote:Hi, guys!

Few comments here:

1. 3d scale option is to control speed of conversion changes - to make it faster or slower (click to Description in Help section - we have full driver description there)

2. 3D DLP is checkerboard output made for such devices like Sam sung 3D DLP TV and Mitsubishi 3D DLP TV - these devices use shutter glasses to see 3D. Common sutters will not work with this output

3. IF you an owner of ATI card you can have this output for free - otherwise you need to pay after 30 days trial period.
Somehow I guess it's not only a partnership with AMD, but also one with the TV producers.

But it does make sence if only AMD/ATI is the partner, too:

- Interlaced is a no go, because of the zalman monitor
- Checkerboard TV is no direct concurent because of the size. Iz3D is now cheaper than DDD (free vs. 5$ per game)
- all Planar users are so deeply into S-3D that they are very likely to buy the driver anyway...

well done, even if I can't use it.
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, LukePC1!

Sorry I did not understand you comment quite well - all outputs are there including interlace and Planar - it is only issue of price. Or may be I understand you wrongly...
CarlKenner
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by CarlKenner »

You understand him wrongly.

He is wondering why you chose to make DLP free instead of making one of the others free. And he thought of some reasons why DLP is the best one to make free.
Copy this code to clipboard: 0o1rp5zk then go to http://mtbs3d.com/naw to register. Use the code for $5000 startup bonus, and to support Gaza.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

"Choose one free output" for free might be a better approach than just DLP for free. That was the point of my earlier post. The whole idea is to get people to switch to ATI..err..AMD, correct? Or is it to have them purchase a new DLP set?
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Borg_Rootan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Borg_Rootan »

BlackQ wrote:2. 3D DLP is checkerboard output made for such devices like Sam sung 3D DLP TV and Mitsubishi 3D DLP TV - these devices use shutter glasses to see 3D. Common sutters will not work with this output

How does this method work? It looks like every frames are same. I don't need license free solution, but solution which is working and shuter mode isn't :( I was traing 3D DLP mode with using V-Sync to control glasses (not directly of course) but without any 3D efect. Tell to us BlackQ please, is here any idea from Ati to propertly working page flip mode on their cards (if it's not secret :( )?
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Borg_Rootan wrote:
BlackQ wrote:2. 3D DLP is checkerboard output made for such devices like Sam sung 3D DLP TV and Mitsubishi 3D DLP TV - these devices use shutter glasses to see 3D. Common sutters will not work with this output

How does this method work? It looks like every frames are same. I don't need license free solution, but solution which is working and shuter mode isn't :( I was traing 3D DLP mode with using V-Sync to control glasses (not directly of course) but without any 3D efect. Tell to us BlackQ please, is here any idea from Ati to propertly working page flip mode on their cards (if it's not secret :( )?
3D DLP is for 3D DLP Television displays, which takes a checkerboard input. The displays have a chip inside of them to automatically convert the checkerboard into a usable shuttering.
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

Yes DLP 3D is like a chess board. The 'white' blocks are image 1 and the 'black' ones are image2 (for the second eye).
That is why every frame looks alike (with the wrong display solution).
Maybe you see the difference if you are VERY near to the screen.
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
Borg_Rootan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Borg_Rootan »

LukePC1 wrote:Yes DLP 3D is like a chess board. The 'white' blocks are image 1 and the 'black' ones are image2 (for the second eye).
That is why every frame looks alike (with the wrong display solution).
Maybe you see the difference if you are VERY near to the screen.
THX Luke. That's very bad. This is absolutelly unusable for any other 3D device. "Big" monday surprise isn't so big :( Only partnership between iZ3D and Ati may be promising, but who know....
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, guys!

Do you think we can make a choice what output ATI will sponsor? I think it is ATI right to make such choice :-)
Borg_Rootan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Borg_Rootan »

BlackQ wrote:Hi, guys!

Do you think we can make a choice what output ATI will sponsor? I think it is ATI right to make such choice :-)
Of course, this is their choice. My reaction is about "Something Big on monday".
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

I think accepting 3D by ATI is kind of Big Thing, but of course there are a lot which can be bigger :-)
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

I know this isn't exactly iZ3D driver related, but I think to get five different companies including AMD to go out of their way to contribute prizes and promote a member driven initiative to capture gamers' opinions for the purpose of helping make stereoscopic 3D gaming successful is a very big thing. Add a press tour with iZ3D and AMD, and more to come...there is a bigger picture at work here.

Regards,
Neil

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”