New Site Up!

This website is for our members. Do you have some design ideas? Are there features you would like to see? What additions would drive this site forward? POST YOUR IDEAS HERE!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

New Site Up!

Post by Neil »

Well, if you haven't already checked, go to http://www.mtbs3d.com.

Sharky, Cuddles, SirC, Welder, Watson, and myself have been working really hard to make this site possible, and we hope you like it.

Post your thoughts on the new look here, and keep the ideas coming!

Please note that the logos in the forum and gallery are temporary. We are getting clean updated ones shortly.

Regards,
Neil
apogrif
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by apogrif »

very nice job Neil,Sharky, Cuddles, SirC, Welder, Watson

wahoo what a change ;)
now MTBS3D is a pro site
CarlKenner
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by CarlKenner »

Very nice. Has the content changed too, or just the layout? Maybe I just didn't read it recently.

I notice part of your job is now to promote native 3D game engines :)

It seems you have removed the nvidia requirement from the game certification. Is that a good idea? Many stereoscopic hardware solutions depend on the nvidia drivers to work. For example, "DDC VGA Glasses" mode only works with the nvidia drivers. So anyone with an eMagin Z800 for example needs to know that their games are compatible with the nvidia drivers and not just the iZ3D, Tridef, Vuzix, eDimensional, or Kind Dragon drivers. The nvidia drivers are compatible with almost all 3D hardware.

Also it should not be assumed that if it works in one driver it will only be a matter of time before it works in another. Because the assumption that companies such as nvidia will continue to improve their drivers has been proven false.

My Assualt Cube mod for example still doesn't work with the nvidia stereo drivers, so I don't think it should be granted certification until it does.
Copy this code to clipboard: 0o1rp5zk then go to http://mtbs3d.com/naw to register. Use the code for $5000 startup bonus, and to support Gaza.
sharky

Post by sharky »

hi carl! im not shure but i think that what happened is that before we had a structre like this:

Code: Select all

NVIDIA
  /         /             |         \        \
Iz3D     DDD     edimensional     icuti    etc...
simply because the driver was universal, worked, was free and so on..

as it is now it has become sort of a proprietary driver once drivers are proprietary things change and they are placed in the same position as other drivers.

Code: Select all

NVIDIA Iz3D     DDD     edimensional     icuti    etc...

maybe one day there will be anothr driver placed instead of nvidia, or maybe nvidia will be again on top noone knows, but its not correct to keep nvidia as the "king of drivres" when in fact it isn't (anymore)

but lets talk about this in another topic else we go offtopic..

regards

igor
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

MrHugoHugo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MrHugoHugo »

Hi guys

you truley did an amazing job here! (I'd load the page today and a first thought I hit the wrong button; felt like beeing in a professional s3d ... store or maybye even a s3d showroom or something ;) )
Especially the header (logo and writing with mirroring effect) blew my mind! That's truley professional (a big thx to SirC for that logo, right? Kinda reminds you of n****a logo, but way better!)

Just two remarks: I am using adblock for firefox which blocks out the banners on this site (I now deactivated it for mtbs so I can enjoy IZ3D and Unigine logos) and that corrupted the main page a bit a this spot (the outter right boxes). But even with the banner filling the composite-boxes which are holding them, the outter right boxes do not end a the same length as the rest of the composites. I dont know if this is planned like this but I got the feeling the main pages shoots for that ... apple like all integrated kinda look (if you get what I mean). Cant really discribe it that well; I am not a web designer (or designer of any kind).
The second thing is that i would make the gabs between those boxes a bit smaller. That way it would more look like composite-boxes/shells. Right know they look more like bubbles to me...
God, I just realised that this sound like critique ... or worse: nagging ... you put so much work in to this and it does look amazing!

Cheers Ant
sharky

Post by sharky »

hi! :)

the vertical boxes for the baners have a fixed height.. the ones in the middle not.. teh heigt changes acoordingly based on the lenght of the news and the height of the latest image.. :)

the gap between teh boxes is only 6 pixel.. could you please send me a screenshot at sharkyenergy AT htomail DOT com just to be shure that you are seeing it properly? thanks for your hints.. :)

A.J.
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by A.J. »

I like the new look, good job! :D
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Nice work guys! Very professional looking and easy to navigate.
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
MrHugoHugo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MrHugoHugo »

Hi Sharky,

I took a screenshot and counted the pixel between the boxes ... and you were right, 6 pixel excatly :) ... so I am guessing I just like things smaller than you ... ;) well that makes me look really bad know doesn't it (javascript:emoticon(':oops:') Embarassed).

So to clear things up I guess I just prefer the more simplistic/sharper look? I do not have any good example but since I work for bmw as an it-consultant and they manufacture the mini cooper now too, I think if you look at those two sites you can see the difference in style I mean:
http://www.bmw.de sharper edges, thin grey lines, white background
http://www.mini.de red outlines (thick), black background

But on the other hand maybye s3d gaming is more like the mini cooper and less than bmw :) ? I guess though...

Cheers Ant
P.S: dont worry I really do love the new look anyways!!![/code]
sharky

Post by sharky »

:) you dont have to feel sorry.. :) ist geschmackssache.. :D

the two sites you linked are not bad, but personally i wouldnt do my personal site like that.. i like the glass style a lot. with reflections of all kinds.. :)

but youre more then welcome to share your opinion no need to feel embarassed.. :)

have a nice weekend!

Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

Wow I almost didn't recognize where I was! Very nice job guys. This looks much more professional and is so much easier to navagate.
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
yomer
Cross Eyed!

Post by yomer »

I really like the site! It has a more 3D look to it, obviously. I would like to add a little criticism. I feel like the cointainers could be either a little bit less round at the corners and/or have a little more pixel space in between the containers.

A cool feature could be to be able to have personal preferences to change the colors maybe. For example, have a cookie in which you configure what color you want for each day of the week, or having dynamic colors.

Another very cool but unnecessary feature would be to have a toggle to turn the site to S3D with red/blue glasses. 8)

An option for the site could be to have the container have a blue title division at the top. (The dashes in the figure are just blank spaces)
-____________
/____TITLE____\
|--------------------|
|--------------------|
|--------------------|
-\____________/

This is just my opinion, what do you guys think?
ssiu
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by ssiu »

Just want to add my voice -- very nice job indeed! Definitely looks more professional (and prettier at the same time!).

Return to “MTBS Website Ideas”