Help me remember the name of this HMD

Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Help me remember the name of this HMD

Post by Tril »

I was researching HMDs a few months ago. I'm trying to remember the name of a specific HMD to look for info about it but I can't remember.

There were two HMDs with almost the same name. The only difference between the two was that one used one input cable (required pageflipping) and the pther required two inputs (a dual head video card).

I think the name was composed of a few letters and of a number. The difference in the name of the two models was a different number and mayba one added letter. There was a comparison webpage at the website of the company clearly showing the difference between the two HMD I'm talking about and telling you which one you should get depending on your needs.

I thought it might be the VR920 but from what I've seen, there only one model for the pc and it uses only one input. Was there another HMD from Icuiti before they renamed themselves to Vizux?

I just ordered a VR920 but I'm thinking I may have made a mistake. I ordered the wrong product. I wanted the HMD I'm talking about that had two separate inputs. It's easier to add stereo support for separate inputs than adding support for pageflipping so in the long run, I would get better support with an HMD with separate inputs.
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

I think I found the name. Daeyang - i-Visor FX601 / FX605. The FX601 has one input and the FX605 has two. It's a 800x600 HMD. It's higher resolution than the VR920 but it's 4 times more expensive.

I ordered my VR920 from an online retailer that did not have it in stock so I still haven't received it.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

stee1hed
Cross Eyed!

Post by stee1hed »

Tril,
Do you know about the SD visor from TDVision? It's 800x600 for $1000 and 48.45 degrees diagonal field of view which is pretty high compared to others in this price range.

Just curious on your thoughts.
CarlKenner
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by CarlKenner »

There is a version of the eMagin Z800 which has dual inputs. This modified version is not made by eMagin themselves though. I can't remember who sells it. But I think the modified version might also lose the headtracking.
Copy this code to clipboard: 0o1rp5zk then go to http://mtbs3d.com/naw to register. Use the code for $5000 startup bonus, and to support Gaza.
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

stee1hed, I know about the SD TDVisor. I bought a prototype unit a few months ago, tried a few days and returned it. I posted about that before.

CarlKenner, I know what you're talking about. I think there's a dual input version sold and there's also a conversion kit sold.

Dual input version :
http://www.vrealities.com/z800dualpro.html
http://www.cwonline.com/store/view_prod ... oduct=1333

I could not find the link to the website selling the conversion kit. I think it was posted before by another member of MTBS3D.

For now the VR920 will have to do for me. The SD TDVisor was the first HMD I ever tried. Once I receive the VR920, I'll be able to compare from memory with the TDVisor.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

stee1hed
Cross Eyed!

Post by stee1hed »

Tril, I found your posts on it. I remember reading them in the past and generally agree with you.

I look forward to reading your comparison when you get the VR920!

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”