iZ3D 1.10 Beta 1 Drivers Released

shonofear
Cross Eyed!

Re: iZ3D 1.10 Beta 1 Drivers Released

Post by shonofear »

Hey all,
Thanks for another update on the driver BlackQ but im having trouble trying to install it on my brothers PC. Wasnt sure if it worked on 64 bit Vista at start but finally found info that it did (do you have a simple list of systems/OS/32 & 64bit/Graphic cards/direct X version that work..?)
anyway
Hardware here......

Vista 64 bit
Direct X 10
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

I understand that Direct X 10 is still NOT supported so does that mean that the IZ3D driver will not work at all.... or is there someway to use Direct X 9?

1). It installed fine, but when doing Dynamic Test getting weird results in Anaglyph mode.
Red/Cyan mode shows only a RED IZ3D logo with a black background and no stereo (also asked me whether i wanted 64bit to test with, both gave same results)
2). Optimized (Red/Cyan) turns the logo yellow and makes the meant to be cyan colour green, but red is correct.
3). Black and White works fine though
4). Yellow/Blue gives same results as the first Red/Cyan mode all RED

Some of the other modes work only with NO 64bit test but still only show a red logo.
Is this normal.....?

Cheers
waiting patiently......
europanorama
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by europanorama »

2. We added stereoscope output (Side-by-Side) - it is not free as planned to prevent conflict with dual projectors / HMD license

what does this mean? i did not yet tried out newest version 1.1
http://www.3dreal.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.stereopan.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Under reconstruction
3DStereo-Media
Aero-Marspanoramas
Innovative Online-Display
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

europanorama wrote:2. We added stereoscope output (Side-by-Side) - it is not free as planned to prevent conflict with dual projectors / HMD license

what does this mean? i did not yet tried out newest version 1.1
It's a side-by-side output, meaning that both views are on 1 Screen, side by side next to each other.
CarlKenner
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by CarlKenner »

shonofear wrote: Hardware here......

Vista 64 bit
Direct X 10
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

I understand that Direct X 10 is still NOT supported so does that mean that the IZ3D driver will not work at all.... or is there someway to use Direct X 9?
That just refers to DirectX 10 games. It still works fine on computers with DirectX 10 installed. DX8, DX9, and DX10 are not just 3 versions of the same library, they are three very different DLL files and games are written to use a particular one. When you have DX10 installed, it means you actually have both DX8, DX9 and DX10 installed.

Almost all games still use DX8 or DX9, so they should work fine with this driver.
Copy this code to clipboard: 0o1rp5zk then go to http://mtbs3d.com/naw to register. Use the code for $5000 startup bonus, and to support Gaza.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

BlackQ wrote:Likay, okta: regarding crashes for modes different than iZ3D and anglyph - is output protection activated or it is in trial?
Output mode (dual projectors) is licensed (1.09) but in the beta it says trial though.
If i for example choose clone mode in display driver and dual projector in the iz3d driver, starts up trackmania (message output dll can't be loaded shown) i get the same phenomena when trying when trying to connect to a server. So it doesn't seem related to the actuall dll either. As said: I can run offline mode in 3d without problem and any mode, even with downloaded tracks from online play. The problem occurs when i try to connect to a server. There are no kick messages or anything like that: Only a direct crash to desktop.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Kenneth
Cross Eyed!

Post by Kenneth »

Hi. The 1.10beta works fine. But I would like an option the views of left and right to swap. In interlaced mode are the views of left and right in the 1650x1080 resolution swapped. But not at 1440x900. I had this problem but also with the other drivers 1.09 (Grid, Tomp Raider Legends, Far Cry 2)
TV - Samsung 63" 3D Plasma (PS63c7790 GERMANY)
Monitor - 22" Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W
GPU - 470GTX Palit Own PCB / reference Clock
OS - Vista32
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

CTRL-F8 should swap the images.

Regards,
Neil
Kenneth
Cross Eyed!

Post by Kenneth »

THX Neil :mrgreen:
TV - Samsung 63" 3D Plasma (PS63c7790 GERMANY)
Monitor - 22" Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W
GPU - 470GTX Palit Own PCB / reference Clock
OS - Vista32
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

A question on the controversial shutter output from iZ3D driver: Since iZ3D has established working relationship with AMD/ATI, does the shutter (pageflip) output works well for ATI cards ?

DR
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

we changed dynamic test color temporarily - sooner we'll made better image for release

driver has to work for 64 bit OS, but there are two type of situations:
a. 32 bit apps running in 64 bit environment
b. 64 bit apps running in 64 bit environment
most of the games use (a), dynamic test made for both (a) and (b) just to check that driver injected correctly.

It is better to try specific game to see the results.

Yes, we are in cooperation with AMD/ATI, but it is not so fast relationship development to get an access inside main GPU driver :-)
europanorama
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by europanorama »

swap left/right:
just if you dont know yet: view double is a firefox-add-on. not yet in search-list(use google instead-maybe someone could inform them). right-click and add additional views to get the wanted.
http://www.3dreal.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.stereopan.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Under reconstruction
3DStereo-Media
Aero-Marspanoramas
Innovative Online-Display
ssiu
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by ssiu »

Vista-64, NVIDIA 8800GT-512MB, Q6700 CPU

Chess Titan (the Chess game that comes with Vista Home Premium) -- anaglyph works; shutter/interlaced/DLP all not working and I see "output DLL not loaded" message. Same problem for both 1.10b1 and 1.09 drivers.

Test Drive Unlimited -- game crashes to desktop on startup with 1.10b1 driver; works fine (I tried anaglyph and interlaced) on 1.09 driver.
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, ssiu!

Yes, we have small bug in 64 bit shutter mode - we'll try to correct it after Jan 12th

Thank you for your report
sharky

Post by sharky »

finally i had the time to test them too!

and RENEGADE PAINTBALL IS WORKINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG was waiting for this since the 17" monitor.. :D thank you sooooooo much! some minor issues with light and text but its more then playable! now only no limits rolelrcoaster (opengl not QB) and i am done for life.. :D

crysis is not working properly for me. (it worked with previous drivers)

grass is rendered at screen depth and is sort of flickering, also object appear dirrefently on both eyes (colors, burn signs, etc)

cu

igor
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

mikemav
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mikemav »

BTW, I just tried the new IZ3d 1.10 beta driver to play rFactor. I had also tried Need for Speed demo on the TriDef disk that came with my Samsung glasses kit. I have the DDD driver still installed (and disabled in the tray) and was able to use IZ3D for some of these other games. The good news was, for the NFS demo as well as for my other games, my new 9800GT OC card was fine and up to the task. I was getting what seemed to be full smooth playback at my native 1080p. I don't know how to check FPS in the NFS/DDD demo, but it looked fast even in 3D.

On rFactor, using no 3D, I'm getting 100-180FPS range at 1080p/60. I thought stereo at 1080p with a reasonable rig and $150 GPU might not work, but it seems up to the task. When I turn on IZ3D DLP checkerboard I still get 55-80FPS in rFactor I believe (i'll double check it when I get back home and edit as these #s were from memory.) Anyway, 1080p 3D is possible without a $5k computer.

Now does anyone have a good guide to setting up proper convergence and separation settings for the DLP 3D? Also my Mitsubishi model has 3D settings for checkerboard normal and reverse. Anyone know the which is the proper setting for the 1Z3D driver? This is my first time with 3D and I'm not sure what it's "supposed" to look like. I see double images but maybe I'm not used to it or need to play with the settings. I'd like to read more about how to set it up for your monitor and eyes...
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, mikemav!

Try Ctrl+F8 - it will swap left and right and you can find the right choice then.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

I came back home just yesterday, i tested very quickly.

devil may cry 4 big cinematics artifacts are now different. There are still glitchy (blurry character) but at least the produced image looks S-3D and is watchable.

Couldn't start UT3 in shutter/interlaced/side-by-side modes (anaglyph works normally as usual).
(didn't test Gears of War but i suppose it's the same)

Side-by-side mode looks very similar between 2D and 3D mode, i was never sure whether 3D was on or off, maybe there should be something in the displayed message that tells if 3D on on or off. (like displaying the fpsmeter for a few seconds)

Didn't have time for an in-depth testing, i'll probably wait until this week end for a full report and my 1sts tests of side-by-side mode recordings.

I also found a little issue in side-by-side mode when browsing through Devil May Cry 4 menus. My cursor isn't displayed in the actual views but overlayed on the full screen. This may be an issue for recording games that require a mouse cursor (like RPGs, MMORPs, strategy games, etc... or simply browsing through menus)
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceashure »

Here are a few problems i've had:

Need For Speed: Undercover
*Shadows are rendered at the wrong depth
*Car wheels appear half way underground while driving

Tomb Raider: Underworld
*Shadows are missing/inconsistant between left and right views when S-3D is enabled
*lights are rendered at wrong distance (as mentioned previously)
*Water splashes and waterfalls seem to render at the wrong depth along with the light

Everything else has been working good.
₪ 3D Solution⁞ LG OLED 65" E6P, PSVR, HTC Vive Pro
jpnn80
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jpnn80 »

I've tried to play with the convergence and separation settings in interlaced mode under windows xp with my zalman. Then I compared the s3d quality with the nvidia drivers under vista.

And I must say that no matter how I tweak the iz3d settings to the maximum viewable depth of field in xp, unfortunately the game still looks flatter than with nvidia settings at the lowest convergence !

I was expecting a level of immersion from the interlacing iz3d driver that would be on par with nvidia, given the hefty price of 50$ for a licence. My hopes were certainly not fulfilled.
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

jpnn80 wrote:I've tried to play with the convergence and separation settings in interlaced mode under windows xp with my zalman. Then I compared the s3d quality with the nvidia drivers under vista.

And I must say that no matter how I tweak the iz3d settings to the maximum viewable depth of field in xp, unfortunately the game still looks flatter than with nvidia settings at the lowest convergence !

I was expecting a level of immersion from the interlacing iz3d driver that would be on par with nvidia, given the hefty price of 50$ for a licence. My hopes were certainly not fulfilled.
Please try to press CTRL+F8 which is swap eyes.

In addition, you may want to try the new Interlaced option in 1.10B. (Optimized I believe)

There are several tweakable settings in our driver to do even more advanced things if that doesn't work. But interlaced is straight forward, and I'm not sure why you would be having this issues unless you have swap eyes set.
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

For what it's worth. I use 1.10 beta interlaced (optimized) mode under XP and a 21" CRT monitor + I-Art Eye3D and found that the driver works extremely well. Depth and popout are adjustable the entire range my eyes can handle and beyond. Got to give IZ3D prop on their implementation, smooth and without any problem and straight forward to use. Prince of Persia 2008, Tomb Raider Underworld and the Witcher all three games work smooth and show excellent S3D effects for me, functional and adjustment wise I feel IZ3d driver offer much better and effective user control.
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, jpnn80!

Did you turn nVidia driver off? Our driver can not work together - it will 3D*2 = 6D otherwise (J) :-)
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

My preset keys are either no longer working or I do not know how to use them, is there help to use/troulbleshoot these keys somewhere?

I used to be able to just hit num 7 then adjust the convergence and separation and it automatically stores the preset to num 7, similar to num 8, num 9. But now whatever I do all 3 keys have the same settings.

Many thanks,
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

so you set three different conv/sep for three preset, but all three show the same in-game? Did I understand you correct?
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

Yes. Additionally, now in game I cannot program separate presets any longer. For example, if I hit Num-7, or 8, or 9, no preset's settings displayed in the upper left corner like previously. And when I tried to program them any way (by hitting Num-7 then adjust conv, div, then hit Num-8 + adjust conv, div, then hit Num 9, adjust) hoping that they would register these settting but that didn't help either because when recalling them (by hitting Num-7,8,9) there would be no change to the S3D effect of the screen. It seems now the presets works like a single setting without any visual stats feedback (which was extremely useful by the way), basically it just likes the plain vanilla Nvidia setting :lol:. I think the 3 presets is one brilliant feature from IZ3D driver that I use often in games and I desperately need them back ...heheh
BlackQ wrote:so you set three different conv/sep for three preset, but all three show the same in-game? Did I understand you correct?
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Check if some xml-files belonging to iz3d driver are writeprotected. I don't know where they're located anymore (have several libraries now where they are). Goto "c:\documents and settings" and search iz3d. Then unmark every file as writeprotected (if you mark the iz3d folder as write protected, clicking apply and then uncheck writeprotected and click apply you should be done). Only a longshot though. :D
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

do the default convergence and separation keys still work?
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

@likay: search didn't come up with any xml file under doc and settings.
@welder: yep, the default keys for conv, div, (shift +/-, +-) still work normally.

EDIT:
- This problem exists under XP: no presets/cannot program presets
- Today I've upgraded to Vista 32, iZ3D works the same way as before: no presets/cannot program presets
- Just now I reinstalled iZ3d driver, still the same problem, cannot program presets, all other keys work fine.
- In both cases, pre and post OS upgrade, hitting any key (-/+, shift -/+) will display "Preset 1" in upper left corner but hitting Num 7,8,9 does not display anything.
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

Try change keys in Control Center?
Stereoscopic Steam Group: Join now
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

That's it. Brilliant.

Not that the driver has any problem, only your suggestion made me realize that I've been the problem all this time. Turned out the "num lock" key was off and therefore any Num # key hit was not a Num # as expected. And by trying to change these keys, it showed that the key entered was not Num keys.

My apology to support.
KindDragon wrote:Try change keys in Control Center?
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Lol! I guess i looked far away at the other side of the river for water.. :D Glad that you had it fixed. :D
Ps: These files might be in hidden folders though.
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

Yep that was quite a goose. :lol: I've just read the troubleshoot doc in the control panel, for XP the xml was under Doc & Settings, for Vista it's under Program Files/... I've just switched to Vista, probably why I didn't see them there.
Likay wrote:Lol! I guess i looked far away at the other side of the river for water.. :D Glad that you had it fixed. :D
Ps: These files might be in hidden folders though.
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

glad it is fixed!
jpnn80
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jpnn80 »

Welder wrote:
jpnn80 wrote:I've tried to play with the convergence and separation settings in interlaced mode under windows xp with my zalman. Then I compared the s3d quality with the nvidia drivers under vista.

Please try to press CTRL+F8 which is swap eyes.

In addition, you may want to try the new Interlaced option in 1.10B. (Optimized I believe)

There are several tweakable settings in our driver to do even more advanced things if that doesn't work. But interlaced is straight forward, and I'm not sure why you would be having this issues unless you have swap eyes set.
I've tried the swap eyes, as well as the new optimized option, but it made no difference to me. And if I'm really having issues with swap eyes set as you suggest, then why do I not meet them when I use nvidia drivers under vista ?
Neil

Post by Neil »

The driver principles are the same. As they like to scream in Star Trek: "You can't break the laws of physics!"

However, here is some reading material that explains how the S-3D experience works in gaming. It's a quick guide that describes what to visually look for to verify your settings:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/cgi-bin/newslette ... ews_id=44/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now, in your iZ3D control panel, under "Profiles" and "Default Profile", there is a separation mode. Can you tell me what mode you are in? Left shift, right shift, or Symmetric?

Regards,
Neil

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”