Nintendo 3DS Revealed!

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
PressBot
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Nintendo 3DS Revealed!

Post by PressBot »

Ok!  The Nintendo press conference at E3 just finished.  Here are the facts:
  1. Nintendo 3DS will have two screens, the top is 3D, the bottom is 2D and is a touch screen.  Auto-stereoscopic, of course!
  2. Users can control the level of 3D depth with an analog slider.
  3. The 3DS will feature a stereoscopic 3D camera!
  4. The 3DS features a gyro and motion sensor.
  5. Nintendo 3DS will be wireless and have a content download feature at no extra cost.  The connections are supposed to be completely automatic and happen without the user knowing.  Not sure about the legality of this for privacy reasons, but I'm sure Nintendo thought of this already.
  6. Nintendo already has backing of several third party game developers including EA, THQ, Ubisoft, Capcom Entertainment, and more.
  7. The 3DS will be able to show 3D Hollywood movies, and is already demonstrating trailers on the show floor.
Wow!  Looks like 3D is really taking the cake at E3 this year!  Share your thoughts below.

Read full article...
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Nintendo 3DS Revealed!

Post by cirk2 »

Any chance weg get some pictures of the ral thing from the show floor?

And I must sya that I don't regret the waiting ;)
Neil

Post by Neil »

I will see what I can do. I'm not actually at E3...but I may be able to pull out a miracle here and there. ;)

Regards,
Neil
Recostar
Cross Eyed!

Post by Recostar »

I have a feeling that Nintendo had either Hitachi or sharp make there screen.

Here's is were im getting my info

http://www.tgdaily.com/hardware-feature ... 3d-display

and also here

http://www.gizmag.com/sharp-3d-glasses- ... een/14716/

Rumor has it Hitachi will have a 40 'Inch Glasses free 3D TV by the end of 2012.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

This is cool! And actually one of those small applications where autostereoscopic display have their niche even today. I'm probably picking one up myself when available.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

Well , this might end up as quite significant. Interestingly, when I was playing with Alien Breed recently Ive had total gameboy flashback.

I hope contra style games come back, given these displays look good in motion...
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
wuhlei
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by wuhlei »

wow glasses free stereoscopic. how clear is this going to be?
Albert Einstein
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
Recostar
Cross Eyed!

Post by Recostar »

wuhlei wrote:wow glasses free stereoscopic. how clear is this going to be?
You can watch a small demo of it here,there is no pop-out effect but you can see the depth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_P4gyjf5tQ

Interesting ,
Apparently only the bottom screen will be touch sensitive .
Keep an eye on Hitachi and Sharp , I think there going to be the first to release full size 3D TVs Glasses free.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

This video has nothing to do with the 3DS, the console is a DSi and the rendering is not 3D. This sort of rendering only adapts the viewpoint depending on the orientation of the console, but both eyes are seeing the same image.

This technique was already possible on other platforms like the iPhone thanks to his accelerometers, as in the game Diorama which could be used with anaglyph glasses too.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Its finally real. This thing is going to be huge. If it takes off it will be the start of 3d gaming finally going mainstream. I think its going to be a great success. I hope they make Mario Tennis as a homage to the Virtual Boy.

Also, I do like the prospect of buying hollywood movies on it (maybe via an SD card?). Then I can save some money on a home theater and just get the 3DS.
Recostar
Cross Eyed!

Post by Recostar »

Fredz wrote:This video has nothing to do with the 3DS, the console is a DSi and the rendering is not 3D. This sort of rendering only adapts the viewpoint depending on the orientation of the console, but both eyes are seeing the same image.

This technique was already possible on other platforms like the iPhone thanks to his accelerometers, as in the game Diorama which could be used with anaglyph glasses too.
Which Video are you talking about? The one in the link that shows the 3DS in its prototype stage?
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

AFAICS, you did only post one video, so yes, it must be that one. And no, it's not a 3DS prototype, it's a DSi playing the japanese game Rittai Kakushi e Attakoreda which is available on DSiWare.
Recostar
Cross Eyed!

Post by Recostar »

Fredz wrote:AFAICS, you did only post one video, so yes, it must be that one. And no, it's not a 3DS prototype, it's a DSi playing the japanese game Rittai Kakushi e Attakoreda which is available on DSiWare.
This Video is alot better. To bad we can't see the actual 3D unless it is in are hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYnyBxVhK_c
Neil

Nintendo 3DS Revealed!

Post by Neil »

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Ok!  The Nintendo press conference at E3 just finished.  Here are the facts: Nintendo 3DS will have two screens: the top is 3D, the bottom is 2D and is a touch screen.  Auto-stereoscopic, of course! Users can control the level of 3D depth with an analog slider. The 3DS will feature a stereoscopic 3D camera! The 3DS features a gyro and motion sensor. Nintendo 3DS will be wireless and have a content download feature at no extra cost.  The connections are supposed to be completely automatic and happen without the user knowing.  Not sure about the legality of this for ...

Return to “MTBS News”