Ok! The Nintendo press conference at E3 just finished. Here are the facts:
- Nintendo 3DS will have two screens: the top is 3D, the bottom is 2D and is a touch screen. Auto-stereoscopic, of course!
- Users can control the level of 3D depth with an analog slider.
- The 3DS will feature a stereoscopic 3D camera!
- The 3DS features a gyro and motion sensor.
- Nintendo 3DS will be wireless and have a content download feature at no extra cost. The connections are supposed to be completely automatic and happen without the user knowing. Not sure about the legality of this for privacy reasons, but I’m sure Nintendo thought of this already.
- Nintendo already has the backing of several third party game developers including EA, THQ, Ubisoft, Capcom Entertainment, and more.
- The 3DS will be able to show 3D Hollywood movies, and is already demonstrating trailers on the show floor.
Wow! Looks like 3D is really taking the cake at E3 this year! Share your thoughts below.