Latest 3D Study by Deloitte, Developer Opinions

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
PressBot
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by PressBot »

Findings of a recent study put out by Deloitte says that UK consumers are unlikely to buy a 3D TV.  To be more precise, they found that consumers had limited interest in getting an HDTV altogether.  However, in the same article, manufacturers and retailers both commented how they are reasonably pleased with sales, and are much more hopeful.
Read full article...
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: Latest 3D Study by Deloitte, Developer Opinions

Post by tritosine5G »

-well this speaks about "early adoption" relationship more than 3d itself I presume. I too somewhat regret to be a beta tester , but now I can safely recommend DLP PJ's to everyone ;)
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

tritosine wrote: but now I can safely recommend DLP PJ's to everyone ;)
To everyone ? A PC only solution without support for any industry standard input ?
You can't be serious are you ?
It's a great solution but at the moment it's not for everyone.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

hdmi is a joke , even overzealous ps3 fans know that somewhere deep down in their hearts. And there will be adapter anyway. : )))

BTW , and yes Im serious, I tought , hell , "before I go to crysis forums and talk to modders about s3d",

-Ill go to the BIGGEST local console forum ( a single topic with very honest ppl) , and talk about PJ stuff right there, why hdmi 1.3 is not offtopic. Met with very little (serious) resistance, in fact the moderator guy was happy that someone at least managed to criticize the elitist " I buy LCD cuz it won't vibrate, whereas PDP and 3d vibrates, sucks" crew. Afterall the elitist crew still wants their active matrix, motion interpolation LCD tv, and 3LCD pj , just because it has 3 base colors simultaneously. Also I learnt a lot about their tought process. (They like overrated things thats why they are elitist afterall).

BTW come here if you want to argue about hold time vs. polarizer stuff:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=178751&hl=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

What are you talking about Tritosine ?

I'm talking about the "for everyone" part of the products being sold to consumers, you are talking about technology performance.
Hdmi may be disappointing for us PC gamers but we're a minority of users : hdmi is the only standard that is being widely accepted and implemented by the industry at the moment, there is no alternatives currently being available to consumers.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

UK Customers

Findings of a recent study put out by Deloitte says that UK consumers are unlikely to buy a 3D TV.  To be more precise, they found that consumers had limited interest in getting an HDTV altogether.  However, in the same article, manufacturers and retailers both commented how they are reasonably pleased with sales, and are much more hopeful.

Return to “MTBS News”