Did Nielson Miss the Mark?

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
PressBot
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by PressBot »

Nielson has received some headline space by putting out a study of what consumers think of 3D.  Here are their key findings:

57% of viewers thought that 3D television made them feel like they were “part of the action”, and 48% described 3D as making them feel more engaged with what they were watching.  Almost half of the consumers studied (47%) said that 3D television would encourage them to watch programs they normally wouldn’t.

Unfortunately, this is the graph that is getting the most headline space!
Read full article...
gisabun

Re: Did Nielson Miss the Mark?

Post by gisabun »

I'm wondering how long the people who tried the 3D TV were allowed to sit in front of it. You just can't sit in front for 5 minutes and say I do/don't like it. Maybe they have an eye condition?
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

I'd put my bets on the bad quality of the Sony TVs since the report is only based on 3D TVs from this company. I've read some reviews saying their sets exhibited a lot of ghosting and flickering. I understand why people being exposed to the worse possible quality (LCD) don't want to buy a 3D TV.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

It's quite funny... 10 year old stereo-equipment have better image than the new solutions offered today.... Talk about going backwards in the hunt for exclusivity...
I hope the industry wakes up in a joint effort. Iz3d-company is going the right way by offering gaming software on as many solutions as they can do. It gains them, the hardwaremanufacturers and it gains us. Of course not for free but they do unite and make the manufacturers compete with price/quality while at least gamingsupport is there.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Really I think this speaks more to the lack of any decent video content in 3D (which is most likely what these people are basing their opinion on). If there was more compelling content I think the numbers would be different.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Women like 3D! If you want to marry the hottest women ever get and buy 3d and turn your family into a uber virtual family. Its also a jelious thing to have, people used be like I got HD! Whoopdy do. Everyone who does not have 3d stereo at their fingertips is missing out on hottness.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Neil

Post by Neil »

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Nielson has received some headline space by putting out a study of what consumers think of 3D.  Here are their key findings:

57% of viewers thought that 3D television made them feel like they were “part of the action”, and 48% described 3D as making them feel more engaged with what they were watching.  Almost half of the consumers studied (47%) said that 3D television would encourage them to watch programs they normally wouldn’t.

Nielson 3D Study

Unfortunately, this is the graph that is getting the most headline space!

Return to “MTBS News”