IZ3D Monitor size

RABID
Cross Eyed!

IZ3D Monitor size

Post by RABID »

Anyone know if there are any plans to make one bigger than 22"? i play on a 30" now and i just couldn't see myself downsizing. If they made a 28" or a 30" I'd buy in a second!
warface
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by warface »

http://www.theopenpress.com/index.php?a=press&id=36627

Hi Rabid,

The plan for larger iZ3D monitors are on the Product Road Map. As stated in the above Press Release, we showcased a 26" prototype at NVision 08.

However, there are no timelines currently connected to larger sizes, so unfortunately, there's no answer as to when, or even, if.

Regards,

Warface
CarlKenner
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by CarlKenner »

Measure it diagonally... from the top left front corner of the image, to the bottom right back corner of the image. Then it is hundreds of inches. :D
Copy this code to clipboard: 0o1rp5zk then go to http://mtbs3d.com/naw to register. Use the code for $5000 startup bonus, and to support Gaza.
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

warface wrote:The plan for larger iZ3D monitors are on the Product Road Map. As stated in the above Press Release, we showcased a 26" prototype at NVision 08.
Warface do you have any input into the box the IZ3D is shipped in? There may be a way for your company to save some money. I just purchased an IZ3D from a fellow member and we have found out something interesting according to the shipping box size - something you may also want to consider for the new monitor as well.

27x26x16 it weighs 27.5 pounds. With those dimensions the price is astronomical - over 120! I was using different numbers than those, 27x24x16 - the price drops from 120 to around 30 with USPS parcel post large package delivery. I guess their is some cutoff point where if the size of the package is just a few inches smaller it is much cheaper for the USPS to deliver (Or that is just the arbitrary number where their IT guy wrote the cutoff for their calculation program). If there is any way you can use a box a little smaller it will save a lot of money or make the current box squeeze just a little tighter.

http://postcalc.usps.gov/ Here is where you can enter 27x24x16 and see the price is almost 100 dollars less with a box just 2 inches shorter in one dimension than the one you are currently using at 27x26x16 for $120.88. That is interesting to know how the prices are different by almost $100 for just a couple inches, it makes me wonder if UPS also has a huge price reduction in a box just a couple inches smaller. Even 26x25x16 gets it down to around 30 dollars. Even 27x26x14 works to get it down to 33 dollars.

Warface I know sometimes the secondary market is of no interest to management, but say you have a lot of folks who want to trade up to the new monitor, and they are going to fund this by selling the old monitor on ebay, but they can't sell too many because the shipping costs are so high because the box was 1 inch too big and very few of the poor ebay/fleabay buyers can afford that high shipping, but if you guys made the box just slightly smaller it seems USPS would ship your monitor for almost 100 dollars less.
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, martinlandau!

Thank you for interesting information - I'll forward it to our logistic guys
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

The size of the packaging is to prevent damage. Sure, we can reduce the size of the packaging, but then we'd have broken monitors. That's not very good idea ;)

Our shipping price to you, is not effected by this though.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”