8600 GT can't find the stereo option

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Ylleks
One Eyed Hopeful

8600 GT can't find the stereo option

Post by Ylleks »

I went to the downloads page and downloaded the 162.15 Beta Stereo Driver and rebooted, but I can't seem to find the enable stereo option anywhere. I know I'm not blind, so I think I must be missing some trick. I've got windows XP SP2 and an nVidia 8600 GT.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

What kind of stereoscopic 3D solution are you using?

Regards,
Neil
Ylleks
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ylleks »

Neil wrote:What kind of stereoscopic 3D solution are you using?

Regards,
Neil
Hi Neil - well , maybe that's my problem then. I did get Peter Wimmers Stereoscopic player to work for me now, but I can't find the options shown in the thread such as http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=380

I was thinking I could just get dual output for say, crosseyed vision to my monitor, for starters.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Ok.

The NVIDIA drivers are going to radically change in their next release. They are going to be released as Zalman only (Zalman has a brand new S-3D monitor) software to start. Also, the drivers will have a separate interface from the Forceware driver - very different from what we have seen so far.

They will be Vista only, and are expected to be out first quarter 2008 - but before March is more accurate.

If you own a 6 or 7 series card, then you will have much more luck with the XP NVIDIA drivers. The drivers you have now are not compatible with 8600 cards, at least not officially. Your fellow members may have more positive results to share with the beta drivers in the MTBS downloads section. Remember, you need matching Forceware versions.

If you are 100% certain you want to stick with XP, another option is the iZ3D monitor solution and their proprietary drivers which have become increasingly popular.

What can I say, 2008 is going to be both an exciting and interesting year to get started in S-3D!

Regards,
Neil
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

I think he is asking for the registry adjustment needed to access the classic control panel. It's described in the downloads section. You can also take a look at Freke's web: http://www.3d.wep.dk/
Another history is that these drivers are not suposed to work with that video card.
Ylleks
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ylleks »

Alright, thanks for the info guys. I'll probably just wait for the next driver release then from nvidia and keep watching this site.
Centuri0n
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Centuri0n »

Worked for me:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies]
"ContextUIPolicy"=dword:00000001

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”