Vireio Perception 4.x Alpha 2 Support Thread

This forum is for the brand new Vireio Perception virtual reality drivers. History in the making!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Vireio Perception 4.x Alpha 2 Support Thread

Post by Neil »

Here is Vireio Perception Alpha 2.

Post all issues, problems, etc. in this thread pertaining to this driver version. Yes...this has HTC Vive room scale support. Read the release notes before posting here.

Good luck!

Regards,
Neil
pegnose
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Vireio Perception 4.x Alpha 2 Support Thread

Post by pegnose »

Hm. Ok, now it works on the DK2. But...

1. I have set everything to low, that I could find. And it still is a bit laggy, even when I am indoors (6700k @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 980 Ti OC). I think I won't try this on my Vive. There are even more pixels to render.

2. The zoom-in is somewhat awkward. I can't see the hud, of course. And it feels like I am too close to things, like with some binoculars or something. The depth gets flat and the field of view feels very small (tunnel vision).

What I would prefer after my experience with Cardboard, Gear VR, DK2, Vive (I am working with VR) and from my personal gaming experience: put an always-zoom-out (middle mouse button) mode into it. So you feel like sitting in front of a 3D screen - you can see its borders. But you can see the hud, the depth is better, and having hud and borders visible helps against the motion sickness coming from the lag.

3. I know there's probably no way around it, but not being able to aim vertically without moving the head is kind of a problem for me.

Edit: Now that I am trying to vert all changes, my arms are funny. And it doesn't seem to be the field of view.

Last edited by pegnose on Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neil

Post by Neil »

I strongly recommend trying this on your Vive. There are performance and other enhancements that we didn't have time to implement on the Rift for this Alpha - especially the DK2. It's spelled out in the release notes that the Vive offers the superior VR experience for this particular alpha version.

Regards,
Neil
pegnose
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pegnose »

Ok, I'll give it a try. But I better reinstall the game to get rid of all modifications by the Oculus injection driver (see above).

Update: I deleted all the files from the steamapps/common/Fallout 4 folder (including the Fallout 4 subfolder) and re-validated the steam game cache. Still funny arms. How do I get rid of this? I can't try restarting the machine right now, as there's is a raid rebuild going on.
Last edited by pegnose on Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neil

Post by Neil »

I think the modifications you are seeing are from the forced FOV settings, etc. from VR Boost. That will probably resolve itself on its own once you change profiles. You can also do a cache verification in Steam so you don't have to reinstall everything from scratch.

Regards,
Neil
pegnose
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pegnose »

Neil wrote:I think the modifications you are seeing are from the forced FOV settings, etc. from VR Boost. That will probably resolve itself on its own once you change profiles. You can also do a cache verification in Steam so you don't have to reinstall everything from scratch.

Regards,
Neil
See above. Change which profile? In vireio? It's not running any more.

Update: I also got rid of the config files from C:/Users/myuser/Documents/MyGames/Fallout 4. No avail.
pegnose
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pegnose »

Ah ok, it is a distance setting like switching between 1st and 3rd person view. It is saved in the save games. I had to reload an older one, now it's back to normal.
pegnose
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pegnose »

So I have tried the Vive integration.

Let me first say: the tracking (OpenVR X/Z) is MUCH better than with the DK2, good job!

Now here comes the trouble:
- I understand this is meant to be room scale. But I can't do anything with the Vive controllers. Is that right? If in modern times you need an xbox controller for everything VR related, the regular PC gamer is out. Or is it just me? Because I don't have one of those.
- I tried pressing the middle mouse button for the alternative hud, but no avail.
- I got flicker inside the Vive like interspersed black frames (a lot).
- I can't get into the Steam dashboard (no response).

I think this could be really cool, if everything is working. And I understand this is alpha. So I am patient and looking forward to the first beta! :)

But I have to repeat one major point: if it is not possible to decouple vertical aiming from head tracking, then this is not really playable for me. You have to be quick sometimes, and head movement is never quick.
StreetPreacher
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by StreetPreacher »

Just curious whether the suggested resolution listed on the splash screen (1920/1980) is correct? Or is it supposed to be 1080p?

I just haven't been having any luck getting this to work. I tried the first release with the Rift and couldn't get the game to launch in VR, and I'm now having the same problem with the Vive using the new version.

Do you need a specific version of Fallout 4 to use this injector?

I copied the .dll from the steam folder, used the config tool to disable the suggested graphic options. I run the Fallout 4 loader, then launch perception64, select the openvr profile, then run fallout 4 from the launcer. The perception icon gets the green border, but the game doesn't launch...

I'm not sure if the resolution needs to be set? I'm using an old monitor, and if I set the resolution in the bilago config utility to 1920x1080 the game just crashes... Monitor native is 1680x1050.

Also, are you supposed to launch this from the bilago config tool, or from the actual fallout 4 launcher?

And I assume SteamVR should be running in the background as well?
X52
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by X52 »

I can´t get it to work. (vive)
Its the first time I try to use Vireio so maybe I messed up the install.
First I started the Fallout4ConfigTool and disabled the settings (depth of fields, water reflections ...) (SteamVR already running at that moment)
than I start Perception_x64.exe
than load the Fallout4_OpenVR_x64.aqup
than press play in the Fallout4ConfigTool.
I see the screen on vive but no tracking.
hope you can help me.
StreetPreacher
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by StreetPreacher »

SUCEESS (sort of).

I managed to get this running on the Rift, and I believe the problem was that I had previously installed a 3DVision Fix from Helix mod which included some new files, which I believe were causing problems with Vireio.

I now have Fallout 4 showing up in 3d in the Rift, however the headtracking just seems to move the entire image around, so I can't actually use my head to look around.

Any ideas on a fix to get my head tracking working?

EDIT: I think I answerd my own question
"Unfortunately there was an update yesterday on Fallout 4 breaking the pointers for head and positional tracking. We'll fix that with the
next build, please be patient !"
I haven't updated Fallout yet so I guess the new profiles only work with the modified pointers in the latest fallout update. I'll try the older version again ;)

NOPE! Tried the alpha 1 and still no headtracking :( Well, the entire image moves along with my head, but I can't look around inside the environment... Right stick works to look around, but that's no good :)
pegnose
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pegnose »

X52 wrote:I can´t get it to work. (vive)
Its the first time I try to use Vireio so maybe I messed up the install.
First I started the Fallout4ConfigTool and disabled the settings (depth of fields, water reflections ...) (SteamVR already running at that moment)
than I start Perception_x64.exe
than load the Fallout4_OpenVR_x64.aqup
than press play in the Fallout4ConfigTool.
I see the screen on vive but no tracking.
hope you can help me.

The Vive integration is OpenVR based. Don't run SteamVR.
pegnose
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pegnose »

StreetPreacher wrote:Just curious whether the suggested resolution listed on the splash screen (1920/1980) is correct? Or is it supposed to be 1080p?

I just haven't been having any luck getting this to work. I tried the first release with the Rift and couldn't get the game to launch in VR, and I'm now having the same problem with the Vive using the new version.

Do you need a specific version of Fallout 4 to use this injector?

I copied the .dll from the steam folder, used the config tool to disable the suggested graphic options. I run the Fallout 4 loader, then launch perception64, select the openvr profile, then run fallout 4 from the launcer. The perception icon gets the green border, but the game doesn't launch...

I'm not sure if the resolution needs to be set? I'm using an old monitor, and if I set the resolution in the bilago config utility to 1920x1080 the game just crashes... Monitor native is 1680x1050.

Also, are you supposed to launch this from the bilago config tool, or from the actual fallout 4 launcher?

And I assume SteamVR should be running in the background as well?

Tried the Oculus profile?
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi everyone!

Denis is on vacation, so it may take a few days to get all the answers for you. In the meantime:

1. Separating the head and body tracking.

This is a definite no-go and has always been the case with VR drivers. While I have an idea or two on making this work, the result would likely be a flickering mess. For now at least, this is the biggest advantage of native over VR drivers. Another option is an external Fallout 4 modification, but that's out of our control.

2. Fallout 4 Version

We are using the Fallout 4 that comes with Steam. Stick to the latest version (NOT THE BETA CHANNEL!). If the versions are off, the tracking pointers won't work.

3. Vive Hand Trackers

Denis gave away a lot of positive secrets in the latest edition of Neil's Messy Basement. There is even a picture! Short answer: yes, the Vive hand trackers are an important part of our road map.

4. Flickering Vive

We've received more than one report of this, and we think the problem is limited to Nvidia graphics cards. AMD has a competitive advantage because we have their equipment. We might be able to find other ways to track down the problem - but it's harder without having the ability to immediately test on Nvidia GPUs.

Regards,
Neil
pegnose
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pegnose »

Neil wrote:Hi everyone!

Denis is on vacation, so it may take a few days to get all the answers for you. In the meantime:
Thanks for your time and to Denis!
1. Separating the head and body tracking.

This is a definite no-go and has always been the case with VR drivers. While I have an idea or two on making this work, the result would likely be a flickering mess. For now at least, this is the biggest advantage of native over VR drivers. Another option is an external Fallout 4 modification, but that's out of our control.
Of course, I understand perfectly.
3. Vive Hand Trackers

Denis gave away a lot of positive secrets in the latest edition of Neil's Messy Basement. There is even a picture! Short answer: yes, the Vive hand trackers are an important part of our road map.
Sounds great!
4. Flickering Vive

We've received more than one report of this, and we think the problem is limited to Nvidia graphics cards. AMD has a competitive advantage because we have their equipment. We might be able to find other ways to track down the problem - but it's harder without having the ability to immediately test on Nvidia GPUs.
I see. Looking forward to a solution!

Soon I'll have a ASUS STRIX-GTX980TI-DC3OC-6GD5-GAMING for sale. :)
lockecole81
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by lockecole81 »

Hi all! I'm very new to this. Only got my Vive last week and stumbled across this and it definitely caught my interest.

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but I've been trying to follow the directions and nothing is happening.
I grabbed the V4alpha2 I've got the folder sitting on my desktop.
I've disabled all the tweaks and the overlay and all that stuff.
I load up the Fallout 4 launcher. (Normally I don't even use this as usually I'm launching via F4SE).
I then run Perception as Admin.
I choose the OpenVR profile.
I then launch Fallout.
Game starts up as normal.

The headset doesn't come on...I'm guessing I'm not getting injection.

I'm running an Nvidia GTX 970.
Win 7 <-- Is that a problem?
16 gig ram.
i5 - 2500k

Was mainly just wanting to have a peek.
pegnose
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pegnose »

Did you read the more detailed instructions on how to get OpenVR running (as mentioned in the greenish screen popping up)? I.e. did you copy that one file to the game's executable dir?
lockecole81
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by lockecole81 »

Yep, I'd gotten the api file copied over.
I also disabled the Overlay and game theater.
I was on step 3 but can't get anything to load to do that part. So hadn't moved to step 4 just yet.
Neil

Post by Neil »

lockecole81 wrote:Hi all! I'm very new to this. Only got my Vive last week and stumbled across this and it definitely caught my interest.

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but I've been trying to follow the directions and nothing is happening.
I grabbed the V4alpha2 I've got the folder sitting on my desktop.
I've disabled all the tweaks and the overlay and all that stuff.
I load up the Fallout 4 launcher. (Normally I don't even use this as usually I'm launching via F4SE).
I then run Perception as Admin.
I choose the OpenVR profile.
I then launch Fallout.
Game starts up as normal.

The headset doesn't come on...I'm guessing I'm not getting injection.

I'm running an Nvidia GTX 970.
Win 7 <-- Is that a problem?
16 gig ram.
i5 - 2500k

Was mainly just wanting to have a peek.

- Windows 7 shouldn't be the problem (shouldn't be).
- The Nvidia GPU is more likely going to result in a flickering mess than AMD cards. We are trying to chase that down.
- Are you using Fallout 4 from Steam as a source?

Regards,
Neil
adomas
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by adomas »

Hi all, first post here :)

At first I was unable to get it on the Vive, but installing DirectX 11.2 Correction: 11.1 update solved that problem.

Currently I have no head tracking, or roomscale obviously (only camera roll works), and the Ctrl+Q menu shows up, but does nothing. I was able to set the FOV within console (e.g. "fov 135 135").
I would post debug logs, but I don't understand where to find them. Steam/SteamVR are closed.

What may be the issue - how to get head tracking to work?

My specs: HTC Vive
Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7-3770k
Nvidia GTX970
Fallout 1.5.157 (non steam)
Last edited by adomas on Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neil

Post by Neil »

adomas wrote:Hi all, first post here :)

At first I was unable to get it on the Vive, but installing DirectX 11.2 update solved that problem.

Currently I have no head tracking, or roomscale obviously (only camera roll works), and the Ctrl+Q menu shows up, but does nothing. I was able to set the FOV within console (e.g. "fov 135 135").
I would post debug logs, but I don't understand where to find them. Steam/SteamVR are closed.

What may be the issue - how to get head tracking to work?

My specs: HTC Vive
Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7-3770k
Nvidia GTX970
Fallout 1.5.157 (non steam)
Any chance you can get your hands on the Steam version of Fallout 4? Vireio Perception has a direct relationship with the game's memory registers and architecture. If the version is off...BOOM! All the tracking (and fun) is lost.

Regards,
Neli
lockecole81
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by lockecole81 »

My version of Fallout is through steam as well.

Adomas, how did you update to DX 11.2?
I was just looking into that after reading your post and it's saying 7 only had a patch for some features of 11.1 and that's where it stops.
adomas
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by adomas »

Neil wrote:
Any chance you can get your hands on the Steam version of Fallout 4? Vireio Perception has a direct relationship with the game's memory registers and architecture. If the version is off...BOOM! All the tracking (and fun) is lost.

Regards,
Neli
Just did that, and unfortunately got the same result. Also tried some other Exe versions lying online as well.. Should I bother trying the steam beta channel for 1.5.211? (I read somewhere that I should not)

lockecole81 wrote:My version of Fallout is through steam as well.

Adomas, how did you update to DX 11.2?
I was just looking into that after reading your post and it's saying 7 only had a patch for some features of 11.1 and that's where it stops.
My bad, sorry :) It is indeed 11.1, from here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113
The main point however was that this update moved me a step closer.
lockecole81
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by lockecole81 »

Well I got it working. Not sure if the DirectX update did anything or if it's because I realized I may have been doing it out of order.
I'd launch Fallout 4 loader, Then perception and load the profile and then start FO4.

I guess I should have been launching
Perception, FO4 Loader, Profile on Perception, then FO4.

Looks great and moves decently. I do get a lot of flicker which I think I read was due to Nvidia.
Was kinda hoping mouse control and headtracking would be linked like in others I've tried. Takes a little getting used to for aiming.

I'll have to figure out how to adjust the Virtual hud thing with the INI file.

I'll definitely be following this.
adomas
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by adomas »

I am unsure if that is allowed here, but would it be possible for you to make a CRC checksum of the Fallout4.exe, or send me the executable that you are using? I could then rule out (or not) whether I have some different region/version problem, or some other software is messing things up..

Changing load orders only makes things the same, or not work at all.
lockecole81
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by lockecole81 »

Dunno if it helps but my current version is 1.5.205
Looks like it was just an update to help with mod support.
adomas
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by adomas »

lockecole81 wrote:Dunno if it helps but my current version is 1.5.205
Helps a lot, since Steam also gave me 1.5.157, not sure why.. Gonna sit and wait till it decides I need an update.

EDIT: So I managed to get my hands on 1.5.205. So a little review of what I got. Tracking works :) Ctrl+Q menu still does nothing.
Not sure what FOV is the "real" one, but 140 seems closest to what it should be, yet I failed to find any FOV settings, that made the world look real size.
The Chaperone grid works, but when it becomes visible it amplifies just how much the wasteland and the real world scale is off. Roomview alwo works.
Headtracking does bob and shake a bit, and is late by a few frames (compared to roomscale grid).

FO4 feels laggy even in small uncluttered rooms with low settings, even though I can play it on High (outdoors)/Ultra (indoors) hitting the fps limit constantly.

Interestingly, when FO4 is 1920x1080 I get CTD on load, any other resolution (1920x1088, 1920x1100, etc. Works great), I am using Windowed mode.

While it is unplayable, and even as a demo works pretty horribly, it still is awesome! I am actually waiting for Half Life 2 to be supported with Perception. Since the game already has some VR support built in, I'd expect big things.

Now If anyone has problems making it work - feel free to ask :)
Neil

Post by Neil »

adomas wrote:
Helps a lot, since Steam also gave me 1.5.157, not sure why.. Gonna sit and wait till it decides I need an update.

EDIT: So I managed to get my hands on 1.5.205. So a little review of what I got. Tracking works :) Ctrl+Q menu still does nothing.
Not sure what FOV is the "real" one, but 140 seems closest to what it should be, yet I failed to find any FOV settings, that made the world look real size.
The Chaperone grid works, but when it becomes visible it amplifies just how much the wasteland and the real world scale is off. Roomview alwo works.
Headtracking does bob and shake a bit, and is late by a few frames (compared to roomscale grid).

FO4 feels laggy even in small uncluttered rooms with low settings, even though I can play it on High (outdoors)/Ultra (indoors) hitting the fps limit constantly.

Interestingly, when FO4 is 1920x1080 I get CTD on load, any other resolution (1920x1088, 1920x1100, etc. Works great), I am using Windowed mode.

While it is unplayable, and even as a demo works pretty horribly, it still is awesome! I am actually waiting for Half Life 2 to be supported with Perception. Since the game already has some VR support built in, I'd expect big things.

This is still very early and preliminary. We rushed this out because we wanted to be on record for having room scale support first. Not necessarily the best implementation of it (we'll do that too), but a proof of concept.

This will all get ironed out.

It would be good if someone out there with an AMD GPU could report in. The Nvidia GPU owners aren't seeing the best outcome just yet.

Regards,
Neil
TrIggA64
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by TrIggA64 »

Anyone else have trouble with the resolution? I'm running the Vive with NVIDIA and I do have the same problems everyone else talked about (flickering), but the tracking seems to work fine for me. I'm assuming the whole resolution to 1920x1980 was a typo and you guys meant 1920x1080, but I wasn't positive. So I tried setting it to 1920x1980 just for kicks, and it crashed (as I expected it to).

But the resolution is way off for me in game. Like, the main menu I can only see the very right side of the options, I started a new game (haven't played in months and had way too many mods, I was just waiting for DLC to come out but this coming out will get me back into it) and I couldn't see any of the options for customizing my character, etc. I wasn't sure if it was because of the shape of the lenses and the game not being optimized to fit for that or what, that's what I'm assuming, but I didn't know if anyone had any temporary solutions? Not that I'm really going to play until the flickering gets fixed because man that kills the experience.

Amazing work regardless, guys. Looking forward to seeing more functionality come to the Vive.
adomas
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by adomas »

For me at least, the green loading screen grid displays around 4x3 squares from the center (which is about 1/9 of total screen area). So menus are out of the question. So is the ingame hud and pip boy, until modders do the work :)
lockecole81
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by lockecole81 »

adomas wrote:

My version was an update via Steam and I'm fairly certain I'm not getting beta updates. I've done nothing to opt into them. Plus when I read, it wa saying the beta for that version was half a month ago and it was only a few days ago that it updated to that version for me.

I get the Ctrl-Q menu but I didn't notice much difference when trying the FOV settings. I may have to try that again.
It is very flickery. I do feel like I've got tunnel vision when using it. Might be an aspect of just playing via a headset, but it may also be the FOV. Maybe I need to play with that.

I would also get a number of CTD trying to start, but that's honestly not all that new. I often get a crash trying to start up the game. Usually it takes two attempts before I can load up a save file. I was using Full Screen.

For me, I think it'd be playable if I could aim my gun without using my head. I'd kinda like to be able to do both. The flickering is annoying, but you can play with it happening. I didn't do much outdoors though...I do have a SSD but do not have the game on it currently as I'm using Nexus Mod Manager and also Skyrim and they all have to be on the same drive. I could probably shuffle things around though.

It did take me a few to figure out the middle mouse button menu. I had to hold it down to see it and then it's barely visible. I'm assuming that's why there are instructions about the ini you can tweak. I'll have to play with that as I'm unsure what all the options do, but it does look like you can tweak it while in game to see a change.

I tried the resolution as typed after setting up a custom resolution for it in the Nvidia control panel. It crashed otherwise. It was seriously horizontally stretched so put it back to 1080.

I'd imagine a button to Zoom out to a projected full screen type view would help with looting and such..or maybe we should try one of the UI fixes that allow you to move it or place it under the crosshair. I have seen those. Although then using the vendor/settler inventory menu is a pain as well. That could be because I've got mine set for 16:9 for my usual play screen.

I'll also second that the pipboy was unreadable. Maybe like we need a zoom out for looting, perhaps we need a zoom in as well.

Keep up the awesome work guys!
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

TrIggA64 wrote:But the resolution is way off for me in game. Like, the main menu I can only see the very right side of the options, I started a new game (haven't played in months and had way too many mods, I was just waiting for DLC to come out but this coming out will get me back into it) and I couldn't see any of the options for customizing my character, etc. I wasn't sure if it was because of the shape of the lenses and the game not being optimized to fit for that or what, that's what I'm assuming, but I didn't know if anyone had any temporary solutions? Not that I'm really going to play until the flickering gets fixed because man that kills the experience.
Holding down the left thumb stick on a Xbox One controller or the middle mouse button makes the in-game menus appear on a floating menu at a fixed position in space so you can turn your head around and look closer to see the text clearly.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi Guys !

Back from vacation, try to answer all issues here:

1) Sorry for the "1920x1980" resolution recommandation, this should be 1920x1080, of course !! My fault.

2) SteamVR must be activated, of course, for the OpenVR profile !!

2) Please use an XBox gamepad (or compatible) to play FO4 on OpenVR roomscale currently. (Mouse and Keyboard make no sense while standing) We have big plans for the Vive Controllers in future !!

3) For a flawless VR experience we would need 90 fps in stereo. The Alpha 2 release should manage 45 fps and interleaved projection by its default settings since only high end hardware could maybe provide 90 fps. You can edit these settings in "..//SteamLibrary//common//Fallout4//VireioPerception_OpenVR.ini", please read "..//Perception//instructions//OpenVR//OpenVR_instructions.txt". Try these settings "bForceInterleavedReprojection=0" and "unSleepTime=10" or even set the sleep time to zero if you face judder on latest hardware.

4) Disable VSync !! (I maybe should have mentioned that)

5) Install FO4 on SSD to avoid lags ! This will only be necessary for Open World games. I faced huge lags having the game installed on HD.

6) We currently work on games that can provide more fps than FO4 to have a reference for optimized VR using the driver. And we will have more optimized games (especially "Skyrim") whenever DX9 is finished. However, i cannot say currently when this is the case but then we can compare FO4 performance to other games.

7) Separating the head and body tracking : This would be optimal, of course. There is already a modification for GTA V achieving this, look at this : http://rly.sexy/virtual-reality-gta-v-w ... r-weapons/ If we can get that for FO4 and include the Vive controllers we will definately do this.

8) To unlock framerate in FO4 please ensure that "iPresentInterval" is set to zero (use the bilago tweaker) !! FO4 obviously has a framerate lock. If you find out how to improve performance by other settings please post them here !! I also did set the "iNumHWThreads" setting to "6", maybe that helps.

9) I personally never tried to launch FO4 using bilago tweaker. Always worked with the standard launcher.

10) The FOV menu (<Ctrl>+<Q>) does not work since the FOV settings are currently adjusted to match the FOV of the chaperone fence. However, the game profile will get much more adjustment in future, this was an early, real quick profile.

11) Vireio v4 Alpha 1 will not provide head tracking any more since FO4 was updated. Please use Vireio v4 Alpha 2 for the current version of the game.
Grayarea
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Grayarea »

Hi All, First Post.

I have the alpha 2 downloaded and followed the following steps;

Copy open_api.dll (x64) to fallout4 steam executable directory

Disabled overlay and desktop game theatre

Create VireioPerception_OpenVR.ini in same directory I dropped dll

SteamVR is running

Start Fallout 4 launcher

Start Vireio Perception with administrator box ticket in properties

Select Fallout4_OpenVR_x64.aqup

Launch fallout 4 (1920x1080 FXAA) (Current build, non beta)

Fallout 4 then launches as normal on the main display with the standard OpenVR space in the Vive HMD, Fallout4 looks perfectly normal, not split like you would expect and is never displayed in the HMD.

When you select the Fallout4_OpenVR_x84.aqup it mentions selecting "MTBS3D" in the SteamVR dashboard, but I have no idea how to do this and have gone through the properties in steamvr and in the dashboard using the HMD but could find no mention of selecting game screen overlays or MTBS3D.

Anyone have any ideas?

My Machine is;

HTC Vive upto date firmware
Intel Core I7 3930K
Asus P9X79 Pro with latest bios
16Gb quad channel PC3-12800
Nvidia GTX 980
OCZ Vertex3 120Gb
2Tb WD Black
directX 12
Windows 10 x64
No overclocking
rocknrollerj
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rocknrollerj »

Hi all.

I am having trouble with the VireioPerception_OpenVR.ini file.

I cannot find it in either the Fallout folder or or the Vireo download package.
The above post from Grayarea indicates I need to create it?
The MTBS3D website says it installs it automatically though...
Can someone email me the file? jasonmbayley@gmail.com

Also, it would be very much appreciated if someone who has got this working could record and link video of the setup (or at least settings and launch sequence)!
pegnose
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pegnose »

EisernSchild wrote: 2) SteamVR must be activated, of course, for the OpenVR profile !!
I don't know about others, but for me the only way I could get it to work was not to run SteamVR myself. Otherwise "Fallout 4 will launch in an environment on your HMD..." (desktop theater mode).

Interestingly - meanwhile I disabled "ipresentinterval", VSync, and G-Sync - the flicker is gone when I look at a very near surface, i.e. when a very small/simple scene is rendered.
EisernSchild

Post by EisernSchild »

pegnose wrote:Otherwise "Fallout 4 will launch in an environment on your HMD..." (desktop theater mode).
Please disable the steam desktop theatre and the steam overlay as noted on the game profile window : Fallout4->properties !!
rocknrollerj wrote:The above post from Grayarea indicates I need to create it?
No, this file should be created automatically by first game start using Vireio.

@Grayarea : Sounds like you're having injection issues. Please try the standard stereo profile first "//game_profiles//Fallout4_Stereo_x64.aqup" to see wether the driver injects or not (without SteamVR)
Grayarea
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Grayarea »

Tried the stereo profile without steamvr and the game continues to load normally to the screen with no output on the HMD.

Current GeForce driver 368.22, upgrading to latest 368.39 to see if that changes anything.

368.39 changes nothing openvr and stero profiles do not work on my system.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pegnose
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pegnose »

EisernSchild wrote:
pegnose wrote:Otherwise "Fallout 4 will launch in an environment on your HMD..." (desktop theater mode).
Please disable the steam desktop theatre and the steam overlay as noted on the game profile window : Fallout4->properties !!
Right, completely missed that one! Unfortunately it won't inject correctly now (no yaw/pitch tracking). But probably that is due to the FO4 update that was pushed right before I could start the game. Flicker was the same, however.
Grayarea
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Grayarea »

Life it would seem is stranger than fiction!

Latest Fallout 4 update has "fixed" my problem, however I have no tracking when using the openvr profile with steamvr enabled, and the colour palette of the world is fairly screwed up!

See attached screen shot.

Impressionistic Fallout 4 FTW!

Update stereo profile does not load to the HMD just the screen and experimental openvr profile crashes fallout 4 to desktop.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Vireio Perception 4.X”