Stereo 3D first-timer...

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
shiufai
One Eyed Hopeful

Stereo 3D first-timer...

Post by shiufai »

Hi everyone,

I am completely new to stereoscopic viewing and I wonder what would be the best possible (if any) setup to go for with my current computer configuration:

GeForce 9800 gx2
Windows XP
Standard 60Hz Dell LCD Monitor

First and foremost, I am aware that nVidia does not provide a stereo 3D driver for the GeForce 9 series in XP, nor there is a XP-compatible driver that supports the 9 series... so...

- is there a driver I can use to enable stereo in my card?
- the card only has two DVI-I and a HDMI output, are there proper shutter glasses that I can get?

Thanks so much for helping!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Hi Shiufai!

Welcome to the community.

The iZ3D driver may work for you. I'm a bit concerned that your GPU is a GX2 rather than a GX. Is it a dual core GPU? Ask the iZ3D team if this works with their software.

The monitor is a different matter. You won't get LCD shutter glasses support with what you have, and even if you wanted to get LCD shutter glasses to work, you would need a higher refresh rate monitor like Viewsonic's - and that hasn't been released yet. This would be the NVIDIA path - and that also requires upgrading to Vista too.

Regards,
Neil
shiufai
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by shiufai »

Thanks for the quick reply Neil!

yeah it is a dual core GPU, I will give iZ3D a try and see if it would work at all...

Hmmm... if I am unable to get stereo working using shutter glasses. Would enabling anaglyph work with a standard anaglyph glasses?

Thanks again.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Anaglyph will work no problem. That goes for the iZ3D and NVIDIA driver options. Your GX2 is the random element here.

If you haven't already, check this guide out:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/cgi-bin/newslette ... ews_id=49/

Regards,
Neil
shiufai
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by shiufai »

Wow nice guide =) Thanks!

one more question is...:

how painful is it to set up stereoscopic viewing on multiple screens?
Neil

Post by Neil »

Very painful. Your eyes will be pointing 180 degrees apart.

Just kidding! :P

Get one screen right, first. Our members can share their experiences with multiple screens.

Regards,
Neil
CarlKenner
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by CarlKenner »

I'm guessing the iZ3D drivers would work OK for anaglyph with the monitors in span mode. But I don't know for sure.
Copy this code to clipboard: 0o1rp5zk then go to http://mtbs3d.com/naw to register. Use the code for $5000 startup bonus, and to support Gaza.
shiufai
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by shiufai »

I got the iZ3D driver installed.

well both iZ3D and anaglyph outputs seemed to work in the control center's software dynamic test... except i don't have the proper glasses for them.

good start =) thanks for helping![/list]

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”