Nvidia promotes 3D

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Nvidia promotes 3D

Post by Freke1 »

I got this in an email today because I subscribe to the NVIDIA Newsletter.
Nvidia is going to show stereoscopic 3D at NVISION 08 this summer:

"The ONE thing you must do this summer is to attend NVISION 08-August 25-27 in San Jose, California.
NVISION 08 is a 55-hour, jaw-dropping, soul-jolting, visual feast that will overwhelm your senses and leave you wanting more."

"* HD Theater — Experience the latest content from the world of visual computing, including stereoscopic 3D, from digital film
to medical imaging, gaming, and science, and education, served up by the world's most advanced digital projection systems.
It will be an experience like no other."

You can sign up to attend if interested.

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

niice. I'd come only it's too far to drive from my country to California. Wonder if it's just a publicity stunt or if this is going to lead to something of consequence.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Nvidia promotes 3D

Post by cybereality »

Freke1 wrote:"* HD Theater — Experience the latest content from the world of visual computing, including stereoscopic 3D, from digital film
to medical imaging, gaming, and science, and education, served up by the world's most advanced digital projection systems.
It will be an experience like no other."
Man, that was quick! I made a post just yesterday about how a gfx-card company should do exactly that:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1459

Well, if the words "stereoscopic 3d" are anywhere in nvidia's marketing material, that has to be a good sign.
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Exactly.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

That's really great news! And from the big one himself. Even so i'm hoping more for universal ways to get stereo3D, less dependant of hardware and/or stereoscopic equipment. But indeed very good news.

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Just found this in my inbox from the nvidia developers newsletter:
Easy Immersion with NVIDIA 3D Stereo
Slava Gostrenko, NVIDIA
http://developer.nvidia.com/object/devnews040.html

Thats the S-3D session at NVISION 2008. So its probably just tips for game developers, no crazy announcements, but it should help raise awareness in the dev community.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”