My first HMD

CTMiles
One Eyed Hopeful

My first HMD

Post by CTMiles »

On April 9th i ordered an I-Trek 3D PC and i received it April 12. 4 days later, the left arm snapped off. I use the word "snapped" incorrectly as there was no tension or resistance or even a snapping sound as the left arm of the unit was suddenly dangling against my cheek. Unit sent back for repair.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

heh and that cost 700$? for that money they could at least not make it out of plastic forks..
CarlKenner
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by CarlKenner »

What 3D format do they use?
Copy this code to clipboard: 0o1rp5zk then go to http://mtbs3d.com/naw to register. Use the code for $5000 startup bonus, and to support Gaza.
CTMiles
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by CTMiles »

same as i/o 3D glasses
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Sorry to hear that man. Did the glasses work at least before they broke? Hopefully you've got them back by now.
CTMiles
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by CTMiles »

To say they "worked" implies too much. Well they did function. i think the big problem is a combo of "hard to hit sweet spot" and plastic hindge corners I had about 15 hrs of use with them before "Dangling Arm Mishap" (DAM) occurred. BUT Virtual Realities has a 2 year "We'll fix it or replace it" warranty . Due to a shipping error on my end the product should be it their RMA dept ( i hope)
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Re: My first HMD

Post by ancjob »

Well
the specs look nice
my friend has i-cine Hi-res - he 'd ordered it thru amazon
i had a chance to look at it
the colors are good but lack vibrancy as in CRT , just brightness controls available
image is ok but needed more sharpness for comfortable viewing
sound is really good and loud
Theater like pleasure ! really big screen but strains the eyes just like looking at a TV too close!
these are the best glasses for movies but they are not 3D and without ipd & focus adjustments - my only gripe!
so i am looking for a review of I-trek 3D PC for 3D
1)Are the colors really like true LCD display - vibrant enough ..?[24 bit]
2)how's the audio ?
3)What about contrast/brightness/color/sharpness adjustments - does this act as a substitute for a true LCD / PC display ?
4)would you recommend this for great viewing movies ?
5)how's the 3D for 3D DVDs klike avatar if you tried ?

please let us know your experience

also virtual viewer 3D is on sale [http://www.vrealities.com/virtualviewer3d.html]
please anybody who had hands on it - please post a detailed review

thank you
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Re:

Post by ancjob »

CTMiles wrote:To say they "worked" implies too much. Well they did function. i think the big problem is a combo of "hard to hit sweet spot" and plastic hindge corners I had about 15 hrs of use with them before "Dangling Arm Mishap" (DAM) occurred. BUT Virtual Realities has a 2 year "We'll fix it or replace it" warranty . Due to a shipping error on my end the product should be it their RMA dept ( i hope)

so did u get the item repaired or they refunded you citing quality issues ?
at least give us some update as what happened to your 'First HMD" you abruptly ended the story without revealing the 'climax'...hehehe

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”