32" Zalman Trimon monitor

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

32" Zalman Trimon monitor

Post by Freke1 »

I surfed Zalman's website:
http://www.zalman.co.kr/ENG/ and found this:

At CeBIT Zalman displayed: 22" , 24" and 32" Trimon 3D monitors.
nubie
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by nubie »

Just come in under $1,000 and have quality as good as Samsung and I am sold (oh, and native 1080p resolution, I will use this as my TV too :) ).

Realistically, I don't think that is about to happen anytime soon, but it would be awesome if it did. NVM, the 22" is $1,000, wow, that isn't cheap.
CAVE, see what all the fuss is about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NN5JKlIi0
nubie
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by nubie »

Ncix has one 19" left in stock for $536.66 US, too bad I don't have it :(, these work in the XP/7 series and lower with the standard driver set to interleaved right?

http://www.ncixus.com/products/27415/ZM ... AN%20TECH/
CAVE, see what all the fuss is about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NN5JKlIi0
zebrastealer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by zebrastealer »

Just spend a bit more $699 at Newegg and get an IZ3D monitor rather than a teeny tiny 19 incher....I mean right now Newegg has free shipping plus if you order today you also get a free game bundled with the IZ3D - so the price difference between those two monitors is more like $100 - not a lot of money for the size difference.
Damn! I just realized I am one of the first Users on MTBS3d. Joined April 2007 - the month after MTBS3d first opened its doors.

Occulus Rift dev kit, waiting for the release version or a good screen hack....
3 x 24 inch monitors running nVidia surround 3d
apogrif
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by apogrif »

Just for information :
The price of ZM-m190 (19 inches)is around 500 € in France
The price of ZM-m220w (22 inches 19/10) is around 700 € (we can find it @ 649 € on the www) in France

but... there is always a but we can find the ZM-m220W @ 590 € at TDI system (a shop in Paris)

Apogrif
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Post by chrisdfw »

I just want to know what forum we can post our displeasure with Zalman for paying Nvidia to only support their product.

I personally will advise everyone I talk with to avoid Zalman for trying to create a monopoly on 3d products that do not suit everyone's needs.

Monopolistic and unfair business practices are generally not tolerated for long in the US and I would hope that other producers of 3d hardware would get together and sue both Nvidia and Zalman.

If anyone from here is at an electronic show that has representation from either company I hope you let them know how we feel and see if you can get any sort of statement.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

I don't understand. Where did you learn that Zalman paid NVIDIA to only support their solution?

In their MTBS interview, Samsung said they were in "deliberations with NVIDIA", and NVIDIA has shown their drivers on multiple S-3D solutions including Samsung, Zalman, and upcoming Spectron IQ. Zalman has had their share of success, but I can't imagine them having the resources to tell NVIDIA who they can and can't work with. Think about that for a moment. How much money would NVIDIA require to be convinced to turn away every other S-3D solution in the market except Zalman. I just can't wrap my head around that.

You are welcome to post your concerns, but don't use MTBS as a staging area for forming boycotts - that's not what we are about.

Regards,
Neil
CarlKenner
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by CarlKenner »

How can Neil say such things with a straight face.

Yes, I'm sure Nvidia did it purely out of the kindness of their heart, wanting to help out a poor korean company that they felt sorry for. (SARCASM).
Copy this code to clipboard: 0o1rp5zk then go to http://mtbs3d.com/naw to register. Use the code for $5000 startup bonus, and to support Gaza.
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

I think Neil wanted to say, that everyone else, who pays enough gets a driver, too :)

If we were bigger and had more money or purchasing power Nvidia would give us our drivers :D
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
Neil

Post by Neil »

How can Neil say such things with a straight face.

Yes, I'm sure Nvidia did it purely out of the kindness of their heart, wanting to help out a poor korean company that they felt sorry for. (SARCASM).

Call me nuts, but I think NVIDIA determines their licensing arrangements and partnerships more than you are giving them credit for. Perhaps the simplest answer is that they went through a radical change in their S-3D business practices, wiped their support map clean, and Zalman was the first of a planned succession of companies who signed on the dotted line? This seems more plausible to me.

Regards,
Neil
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

What still doesnt make any sense to me is why Nvidia arent supporting potential Zalman buyers with xp 8800 drivers.
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Post by chrisdfw »

Neil wrote:I don't understand. Where did you learn that Zalman paid NVIDIA to only support their solution?

In their MTBS interview, Samsung said they were in "deliberations with NVIDIA", and NVIDIA has shown their drivers on multiple S-3D solutions including Samsung, Zalman, and upcoming Spectron IQ. Zalman has had their share of success, but I can't imagine them having the resources to tell NVIDIA who they can and can't work with. Think about that for a moment. How much money would NVIDIA require to be convinced to turn away every other S-3D solution in the market except Zalman. I just can't wrap my head around that.

You are welcome to post your concerns, but don't use MTBS as a staging area for forming boycotts - that's not what we are about.

Regards,
Neil
So you are saying that after many years of Nvidia supporting the industry standard DIN shutter glasses and dual screen solutions (head gear/planar/2 projector) that combined probably make up 90-95% of stereo use that Nvidia decided to start from scratch and their first thing to focus on was a Zalman monitor used by probably less than 1% of the market without being paid?

I am sorry but if that is the case I would like either company to have someone state that somewhere. If you are correct, and Nvidia chose Zalman simply because they were the first to sign on board, then Nvidia is extrememly shortsighted and stupid to bring out support for such a small niche in an already small niche.

I don't mean to sound critical, but since you go to these shows and have discussions with these companies, I am not sure why you cannot provide the truth or at least tell us that you have expressed our collective displeasure. We shouldn't have to speculate.
Neil

Post by Neil »

I don't mean to sound critical, but since you go to these shows and have discussions with these companies, I am not sure why you cannot provide the truth or at least tell us that you have expressed our collective displeasure. We shouldn't have to speculate.

Chris,

The moment you say things like "I am not sure why you cannot provide the truth" you are being both critical and attacking. As far as I know, NVIDIA reads these forums and takes from them what they choose to - and that's as far as I'm going to go on this matter. There are other driver solutions in the works, NVIDIA has their game plan too, and that's it.

Regards,
Neil
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Post by chrisdfw »

Neil wrote:

Chris,

The moment you say things like "I am not sure why you cannot provide the truth" you are being both critical and attacking. As far as I know, NVIDIA reads these forums and takes from them what they choose to - and that's as far as I'm going to go on this matter. There are other driver solutions in the works, NVIDIA has their game plan too, and that's it.

Regards,
Neil
I appolgize for coming across as attacking (but not for being critical) :)

Since I am getting off topic I'll continue discussing in an existing topic under the general section:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=7299#7299
wuhlei
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by wuhlei »

but it seems like shutter glasses and dual view's been around forever why can't every thing be compatible to that? zalman released this monitor with out even thinking about making their own driver? Its not fair every shutter glass/hmd depends on nvidias support why start on a new setup first if they could support at least 3 s3d products in one shot?
hmm but if zalman paid nvidia and nvidia is still working on supporting other products then I guess zalman is supporting S3D? :shock:
Albert Einstein
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”