Neil's Messy Basement 41: Bridging Display and Audio Through Superior UHD Blu-ray on PC

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Neil's Messy Basement 41: Bridging Display and Audio Through Superior UHD Blu-ray on PC

Post by Neil »

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRiHqxGfGg4   4K UHD Blu-ray is a conundrum on PC, and yet PC is the BEST platform for getting our Blu-ray movies looking and sounding their absolute best. So what is best exactly? This episode begins with an explanation of why 4K HDR technologies are so radically different from FullHD 1080P displays. We then discover the unique challenges that HDR technologies present to the projection industry. In particular, why is HDR on projector so difficult compared to HDTV? This leads us to an opportunity! Can the quality gap be closed between 1080P FullHD projectors and 4K HDR projectors? Can 4K HDR projectors and HDTVs ...
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Neil's Messy Basement 41: Bridging Display and Audio Through Superior UHD Blu-ray on PC

Post by Dom »

Ya I would wait till your bulb on your 1080 Panasonic projector dies before upgrading to 4k. I still have a 720p Projector since 2012 and I have put around 1100 hours on it (I think it lasts until 4000 hours or somewhere around there)
I rip some of my discs blu-ray and DVD to .mp4 , I have two blu-ray drives but older and probably not compatible with 4k discs. I just mostly bought and watch blu-ray 3d movies since 2012. I don't have dolby atmos but I have a 7.1 system but I can't have loud movies playing cause I am in an apartment but I can enjoy the surround sound. I usually watch around 2 or 3 movies a day on cable tv or Netflix or amazon prime.

I know how much satisfaction you can get from having spent all that time configuring and setting up your home theatre and enjoy some movies and music. Back in 2000 I spend like over $40000 on my home theatre. my Front speakers were as tall as me like 5'2 feet and bi polar speakers with surround tower speakers and I still have the Technics cd player and DVD player. I have a quite capable computer in my living room to play 4k content and I do have a 4k tv in my bedroom but I use a Shaw cable 4k tv box and google chromecast and Firestick.

My new cell phone does record in 4K so I can make some home movies on it too.

Dom
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Neil

Re: Neil's Messy Basement 41: Bridging Display and Audio Through Superior UHD Blu-ray on PC

Post by Neil »

I have a few extra bulbs, so I will probably be in my 60's by the time I'm ready to change projectors. Still, it would be good to be able to review a 4K system up close.
cadcoke5
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by cadcoke5 »

After looking for a while, I have been unable to track down any way to contact a human being at MTPS3D in any way. I was trying to get word to an administrator that someone is posting spam across many topics at the MTBS forum. And I could even see that the spammer was online and active. So after getting yet another notice that a thread I was watching has been replied to, but only seeing spam there. I figured I would try to post here.

-Joe
Neil

Post by Neil »

I cleaned it up - don't worry. Still human...
Guig2000
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Guig2000 »

It was an impressive spam attack.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Hi Neil, Hows it going? Has there been any developments in 3D or anything interesting going on with the cloud. I am subscribed to Geforce Now and play on it once in awhile on my old laptop. I have been learning Linux now and have installed an Ubuntu Server, Zorin on my laptop and Lubuntu on my old windows 8 tablet with touch screen. (Lots to learn from the almost start of Linux and commands and config) But overall worth it. I still use windows 10 but like many of my machine are not gonna be compatable with windows 11 like my laptop, so linux it is until I buy new hardware.
I have been selling my Vr hardware since i don't use it as much and there is newer stuff like the Quest2 that I could get eventually that wireless.
I gave my old HTC Vive to my sisters family and kids so they could experience Vr too.
I got alot out of Vr and am happy with how it came out and worked and was taken on so fast (I guess since 2012 almost 10 years later since Palmer took it to shape)

Anyways just giving a shout out to you Neil to hear from you :)

Dom
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Dom!

Still around. I've been very busy on the TIFCA front, and I have more Neil's Messy Basements to produce. I do think there are more 3D developments to be had... ;)

Regards,
Neil
zoemora
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zoemora »

Great!

Return to “Neil's Messy Basement”