GUIDE: How to Test and Fix Chromatic Aberration on WMR VR Headsets

Love it or Lump it - post your feedback to individual blog posts on mtbs3D.com
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

GUIDE: How to Test and Fix Chromatic Aberration on WMR VR Headsets

Post by Neil »

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

I've got more to cover in Neil's Messy Basement with an eye on home entertainment and immersion, and the next part of my journey jumps me back into the fray of virtual reality! I'm in the process of reviewing the HP Reverb G2 VR headset, and I decided to share this guide before the review so it's understandable how I got to my results.

I'm very excited by this guide because I think it will make a world of difference for many VR headset owners. Even if tools aren't yet available for all headsets to address the problem, I think what is shared here could help motivate more user-driven features that will improve the VR experience for all.

HP Reverb G2

HP Reverb G2 (Version 2)

The HP Reverb G2 is a special animal. One group of users and reviewers regularly credit it as being crystal clear and one of the sharpest HMDs on the market. In contrast, another large group of users are frustrated with the headset because its sharpness is limited to a small focal area – a “sweet spot” – and things quickly blur depending on where the user is looking. It didn't make sense to me that a VR headset would have such a divided response.

Return to “MTBS Editorial User Remarks”