JVC Pseudo 3D Glasses Don't Cause Headaches......[Ceatec 08]

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

JVC Pseudo 3D Glasses Don't Cause Headaches......[Ceatec 08]

Post by Silversurfer »

Article:
http://feeds.gawker.com/~r/gizmodo/full ... look-dorky

It's a shame that Oakley can be licensed to do these spectacles?
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

I wish they would stop with the fake 3d scams already. It gives s3d a bad name.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

was able to get an early post at gizmodo:

http://gizmodo.com/5057841/jvc-pseudo-3 ... y#c8094615

no to fakes!!
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Whats with the fake 3d?!?! Either its stereo-3d or its just a bogus gimmick. Why is JVC even bothering with some many other viable options available for true 3d? Still, it shows big companies have an interest in S3D so its not the worst news ever.
CarlKenner
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by CarlKenner »

Why do you say it is fake? It looks like a passive polarised line interlaced screen (as in Zalman) with 2D to 3D conversion generating the two images. I think that is why it is called pseudo-3D, since it is just a machine guessing what depth everything should be and generating the two images accordingly. You could probably feed a real 3D signal into it if you don't like the guessing from a 2D image.

EDIT: By the way, the Japanese label on the box says "riaru-taimu 2D/3D [something]" which is the Japanese pronounciation of "real-time 2D/3D [something]". I'm guessing the "something" is "conversion".

Sounds like their conversion isn't very good and they are just bringing the edges of the screen forwards, and have little seperation on most other things, but I don't trust the reviewer.

I'm guessing the boxy glasses are just rugged ones for use at trade shows with hundreds of people trying them so they don't break.
Last edited by CarlKenner on Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Copy this code to clipboard: 0o1rp5zk then go to http://mtbs3d.com/naw to register. Use the code for $5000 startup bonus, and to support Gaza.
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

There's a processing box so it's not only a pultrich effect with shaded glasses. It's a TV with a 2D to 3D conversion box. It looks like the processor unit is external from the picture.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”