Here are some key points I learned:
- With driver version 95.XX and up, there will no longer be a classic control panel (CP).
- NVIDIA is developing a hybrid panel the includes the best of the old and new CP.
- NVIDIA has every intention to maintain stereoscopic driver support.
- Windows Vista drivers have been a major priority for NVIDIA, and this has temporarily drawn resources away from other developments - including stereo drivers. HOWEVER, they are almost finished making major improvements to Vista driver features and stability, and will be able to bring more attention back to stereo driver development shortly.
- NVIDIA is anticipating a new stereo release in the next 1xx.xx Forceware version. I have been given a time window of two to three weeks. I do not have an indication of their 8800 stereo driver schedule yet.
Also, I would like to thank you all for not mirroring the drivers. I know they didn?t work out the way we hoped, but despite the mass of driver downloads, you all helped our efforts by encouraging gamers to get them here - and that really made a positive difference for us. Again, thank you!
Insight Media has added MTBS to their ground breaking stereoscopic 3D report. You can learn more about it in our "Press" section. This is a huge victory for us because it acknowledges our hard work at an industry level. Thank you Insight Media for the opportunity, and thank you MTBS members for helping us earn that acknowledgment.
Read full article...