Batman Arkham City, Gears of War 3, and Nintendo 3DS Updates

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
PressBot
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by PressBot »

Finally!  Some bright news to share in the 3D world.  First, Batman Arkham City is officially confirmed as having stereoscopic 3D support via Nvidia GeForce 3D Vision drivers and enhanced PhysX effects.  Batman Arkham Asylum was very memorable in 3D, and MTBS is hoping the follow-up is even better.  While there is no official mention of this by EIDOS, Arkham Asylum ran almost equally well on DDD and iZ3D stereoscopic 3D drivers, and we are hopeful the follow-up is a repeat in history.  Arkham City will be out in October.
Read full article...

Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Batman Arkham City, Gears of War 3, and Nintendo 3DS Upd

Post by Chiefwinston »

While I'll probably play all the games listed. I did have a very bad experience with Trioviz 3D. It was so bad it gave me nausea. Not only would I call it bad 3D, but sickening 3D. So Gears 3 will go into the rental column for sure. It if turns out okay, I'll buy it. Batman is a for sure buy. I absolutely loved the last game.

peace

Neil

Post by Neil »

I saw a sample of Unreal running with the Trioviz solution at GDC Online, and I wouldn't describe it as nauseating. I don't know how much control Trioviz has on how their technology is implemented with each game, so we will have to wait and see how it turns out.

Regards,
Neil

Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

Neil the game was Enslaved, and the depth wasn't stable. Thats what made me sick. The depth was poping in and out. Now, you are correct in that a different developer may be able to do a better job of implementing their tech. But like I said if its good. I'm for buying it. Or playing it on my new Killer Rig once it comes avialable.

peace
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents

cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Great that a huge title like GOW3 will support 3D, but I can't help but feel this is a missed opportunity to do something special. Especially when the Unreal Engine does, in fact, already support true dual render 3D.

Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

I came across some additional material regarding Gears of War 3.

http://gamerant.com/gears-of-war-3-3d-s ... le-100119/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.vg247.com/2011/08/16/gears-o ... d-support/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What I found the most interesting is one gentleman is stating that microsoft is already distributing developer kits with 720P stereoscopic support. Now with out an actual anouncment from microsoft we have nothing. But I found it interesting none the less.

peace
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents

Neil

Post by Neil »

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

Batman Arkham Asylum in 3D

Finally!  Some bright news to share in the 3D world.  First, Batman Arkham City is officially confirmed as having stereoscopic 3D support via Nvidia GeForce 3D Vision drivers and enhanced PhysX effects.  Batman Arkham Asylum was very memorable in 3D, and MTBS is hoping the follow-up is even better.  While there is no official mention of this by EIDOS, Arkham Asylum ran almost equally well on DDD and iZ3D stereoscopic 3D drivers, and we are hopeful the follow-up is a repeat in history.  Arkham City will be out in October.

Return to “MTBS News”