Yes, We Are Still Here!

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Re: Yes, We Are Still Here!

Post by Neil »

Just testing the comments engine. Things are still early stage - so I hope we don't scare members away!

Regards,
Neil

cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Cool. Life was getting boring without MTBS.

Neil

Yes, We Are Still Here!

Post by Neil »

Things are still early stage, but MTBS is gradually coming back to life!  The forums are working again, we've restored all the content, and most of the software has been upgraded.  There is still much to be done!

Thanks for your patience!
Read full article...

Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: LCD shutter glasses

Post by Dom »

wow are you guys changing mtbs3d.com look. Looks pretty nifty so far :D . I just finished transfering my forums site to my gatorhost from my home server.

Hey neil i been meaning to ask if you have rented a dedicated server yet? for around 200 dollars a month you can get a windows server 2008 or something like that and wondering if you would be able to video edit on it through remote desktop and encode video with its processor. Or even try from your office pc's. That way when your on the road and need to video encode on a faster machine you could upload it to your office machine and let it encode and possibly edit the video over remote. Maybe there is some software or something to do that idk?
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Dom!

We were originally on Windows Server 2006 and we moved to Windows 2008 (dedicated). Thanks for your early feedback. I can't stress enough that this is a very basic look that we are working with right now and isn't close to the final result.

Video editing via Remote Desktop isn't practical. I don't think the audio portion would work, and the graphic requirements would be through the roof. I'll have to figure something out! :D

Regards,
Neil

Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

I been meaning to try video encoding on remote myself, so i'll test it out on my server and let you know about bandwidth usage, you would have alot of transfer speed i asume so downloading streaming 5 MB/s-50mbps would not be to much for a hosted dedicated server. I was looking a few weeks ago at services that do this online but i am not sure if they have edit utilities on cloud and I'm not really sure if you need to be a billionaire to do it.

Hope you get everything running smoothly. Thanks for spending your time on mtbs3d its totally worth it.

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________

android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

It looks like you're going with a less cluttered look this time... I like it.
I'm yet to try it out on my mobile, which didn't much like the site before, so I'm hoping it'll be better.
Keep up the good work. :3D :3D :3D

Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

hey! Neil, I did some testing on my remote server for editing 3d video with magix movie edit plus. I was using the trial for now but I made a video to show how much bandwidth speed data is being used and it was on my local network. I guess using remote depending on how large the preview window is that the stream speed will be larger for a bigger window. I had audio on my server and I am not sure if hosting services offer windows remote audio on their motherboards. It seems to work pretty well for me and from what I tested. With a small preview window I reached around 10-20 mbps upload. Anyways I won't bother you about it anymore, I just wanted to give you some ideas on how to do video editing on the go. Heres the video I made so you can judge for yourself.
http://www.killerskingdom.com/adaptenga ... romDom.avi

Cyberia on Youtube

Earmack
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Post by Earmack »

Glad to site work back again! ;)
Sapphire 7970 ghz 6gb
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH
Intel I7 3770k @3,5ghz
Kingston DDR3 khx21c11t2k2/16x 4 x 8gb = 32gb
X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 1000 M
Windows 8 Pro 64x
Samsung UE40D7000LS
HDMI 1.4a

android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

Good news!!!
I have been testing the site on my android based phone and am finding it much better then previously. In the past, the news items would be displayed with only a couple of words each line, making them almost impossible to read. Now they are displaying correctly. Thank you for your work here!

Neil

Yes, We Are Still Here!

Post by Neil »

Things are still early stage, but MTBS is gradually coming back to life!  The forums are working again, we've restored all the content, and most of the software has been upgraded.  There is still much to be done! The site will be going up and down throughout the day – so don't be alarmed, and thanks for your patience!  Also, credit to Cybereality for helping out with the updates!

Return to “MTBS News”