Finding and Fixing on GameGrade3D

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

The other day, we spotted a new 3D blog featuring a game review of Left 4 Dead 2.  What caught our eye is the writer referenced GameGrade3D as “bunk”, and it’s clear there is a misunderstanding of how GG3D works.

"Left 4 Dead 2 does not have native 3D support and is the first game I've looked at for this blog that works in both IZ3D and TriDef Ignition. I settled on using IZ3D, but both showcased some key issues. According to the 'Game Grade 3D' analysis over on mtbs3d.com L4D2 works perfectly with TriDef and has only one minor issue with IZ3D. Well that's bunk, and it sort of highlights why I started this blog. There's been a number of times where those game grade reports have been way off. Also I don't like the notion of trying to make something like 3D image quality a quantitative measure." - Plagiarize

The blogger’s legitimate complaint is that these GG3D submissions are inaccurate because Left 4 Dead 2 has more anomalies than the listings credit, including a poor laser sight and 3D skybox problems.  He went so far as to say that this inaccuracy was the motivation for him to launch his blog.

Read full article...

cybereality

Re: Finding and Fixing on GameGrade3D

Post by cybereality »

Well L4D2 is actually very well supported compared to some other games. The only major issue is the skybox thing, otherwise the support is great. If he had a problem with the game, he could make a GG3D submission. Thats the whole point.

Zloth
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Finding and Fixing on GameGrade3D

Post by Zloth »

<shrug> You can't please all of the people all of the time.

Neil

Post by Neil »

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

GameGrade3D Logo

The other day, we spotted a new 3D blog featuring a game review of Left 4 Dead 2.  What caught our eye is the writer referenced GameGrade3D as “bunk”, and it’s clear there is a misunderstanding of how GG3D works.

“Left 4 Dead 2 does not have native 3D support and is the first game I've looked at for this blog that works in both IZ3D and TriDef Ignition. I settled on using IZ3D, but both showcased some key issues. According to the ‘Game Grade 3D' analysis over on mtbs3d.com L4D2 works perfectly with TriDef and has only one minor issue with IZ3D. Well that's bunk, and it sort of highlights why I started this blog. There's been a number of times where those game grade reports have been way off. Also I don't like the notion of trying to make something like 3D image quality a quantitative measure.” – Plagiarize

The blogger’s legitimate complaint is that these GG3D submissions are inaccurate because Left 4 Dead 2 has more anomalies than the listings credit, including a poor laser sight and 3D skybox problems.  He went so far as to say that this inaccuracy was the motivation for him to launch his blog.

Return to “MTBS News”