Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 6864
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
We are not exaggerating when we say that this could be the biggest and most influential development in virtual reality - heck, immersive technology - in a very long time. First, let's get the general stuff out of the way!
The Vive Focus is a mobile https://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=111VR
device put out by HTC. Their new 2.0 software update adds:
- 6-DoF (AKA positional tracking) to their VR controller controller
- HTC smartphone integration
- Gesture recognition
- A unique mode for when using VR in a moving vehicle
- Surroundings mode that lets you see the world through the pass-through cameras
- Improved storage options
However, this is just piecemeal stuff. The real story is that through a 5K wifi connection, the HTC Vive Focus will be able to stream SteamVR and HTC Viveport content from your PC to your headset.Read more: Boy Were We Right: HTC Vive Focus
Read full article...
- Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!
- Posts: 816
- Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:30 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: LCD shutter glasses
Yeah this is good news, I read this news post when it first came out and forgot that we talked about this stuff already. After talking about Vr for years it seems like everyone in the field is on the same boat with what features are needed.
I'm still not sure what standalone headset I will buy yet. I'm not in a rush to get one since I already have three headsets now and I'd have to feel like I really need it and the games. The hand tracking could be good for controllers maybe i'm not sure what to do, if there is not two controllers.