Impact of Ready Player One

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Impact of Ready Player One

Post by Neil »

Ready Player One is coming up fast and there was a lot of enthusiasm at its SXSW premiere.  Will it impact the VR market somehow?  Check out Neil's blog to see what he thinks.

Read full article...

Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: LCD shutter glasses

Re: Impact of Ready Player One

Post by Dom »

Yeah I think this movie seems like its a special effects galore and experiences that are surreal but its also supposed to be in 2045. Thats like over 25 years to come up with computers and HMD's to cover that and we might even be further than that by then.

Theres cloud GFX computing like Geforce Now that renders the game in the cloud on a bunch of high end machines and then streams the video to your slow 2008 laptop or desktop really fast with 60fps highest details. The only thing that you need is a good internet connection. So a few years from now this could be real.

A contest is a good thing for gamers but i'm not really going to go in on a contest like the oasis Easter egg find cause its not my thing. Wade seems like he has a lot of ambition since hes coming from almost nothing but scraps. So he can drive to the best of himself that way it seems.

All I want in game is real good lighting smooth GFX like life animation and make the games easy to beat. I don't want to get stuck playing the same level over and over again.

In the last 25 years we went from resolution crt 640x480 to lcd LED 8K 7680x4320 or more. HMD's were the same back then too.

I'm still happy with my VR setups as its what I've dedicated the last 2 years of my hobby to. If there's more to come then that's icing on the cake, we'll see that happens.

Return to “MTBS News”