VRMark Released!

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

VRMark Released!

Post by Neil »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Giz2PrmTZvU

While plugging in an HMD into a prefabricated console is simple enough, knowing whether or not your computer has what it takes to do breathtaking virtual reality is a different matter entirely.  ITA Member Futuremark has released their VRMark software tool kit which answers the tough questions for future VR enthusiasts.  The basic version of VRMark is free, and advanced versions can be had for as little as $19.99 USD. Check it out!

Read full article...

Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: LCD shutter glasses

Re: VRMark Released!

Post by Dom »

Hey so I bought this Vr Mark software off of steam and ran it on my new Intel computer. I barely made it into the Minimum spec for a Vr ready pc.

It was trying to compare my computer with a GTX 970 or GTX 960 with a 4th generation intel i5. Is 200 dollars to cheap for a cpu? I actually paid almost 300 for my cpu since its in Canadian prices.

On the blue test I think I was only getting 23fps which is very strange. I don't even think my new computer is even tweaked to run super fast yet. My GTX 1070 was running 1063mhz and it can run up to 2033mhz and 1698mhz boost not overclock.

This computer is supposed to last me the next few years of Vr gaming on my new headset, I just paid 2200 bucks for everything, I hope I can run some good stuff on it.

Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

Dom wrote:Hey so I bought this Vr Mark software off of steam and ran it on my new Intel computer. I barely made it into the Minimum spec for a Vr ready pc.
If VR Marks bullshits the test digits, just don't care about it.. You may have some thing that they don't know about (1070). Any way i cant understand why people are so fascinated by Mark tests
they mostly revolves around synthetic conditions and not many real games work that way.

Tell me what you Steam VR Benchmark test says about your Rig
http://store.steampowered.com/app/323910/
Is it in "READY" category?

Then forget the test, wonder why you purchased Mark in first place just play your favorite vr games and enjoy ...& determine you will never touch that crap again.

Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: LCD shutter glasses

Post by Dom »

Hey so I tested with Steam Vr Performance test and got good results. But it does not account for to 40% use of OSVR server and high cpu based games, but intel is faster than AMD in single threaded applications and OSVR might reduce the cpu usage over time since their software is still in BETA.

Heres what it shows:
domSteamVrTest.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

You have Steam VR Score 11 that's just too good for VR. Forget whatever VRMark shown you.

http://download.mobile01.com/topic/298- ... 3a4301.jpg

Your PC is absolutely good for VR Gaming coming 2/3 years, For all the new VR Games in just a step below highest visuals, what more one can ask?

Consider it no games are ever made for FlagShip Processors and FlagShip Cards. Though they pack something 10% in overall visuals
to justify purchase of expensive parts. So be assured your rig is well above mid range and just a step below top tier.

See the score card in link it says Processor Core i7
Like i said, Very High End processors like i7 do not make huge difference in gaming , i5 is just right.
Unless you have just too much money lying around you don't know what to do with. ;)

Return to “MTBS News”