Vireio Perception DX11 Benchmark Sample

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Vireio Perception DX11 Benchmark Sample

Post by Neil »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDtYwdL7wY8

For those wondering what Vireio Perception's fate is, we have an update!  The above is a benchmarking sample of Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor running with the lowest in-game quality settings followed by the highest.  The test equipment in this case is an AMD FX 8350 CPU mixed with an AMD R9 390 series GPU.

With the most basic visual quality, the game performs at 60FPS, and drops off to 44FPS in true stereoscopic 3D mode.  With the highest graphics quality settings, the game again performs at 60FPS, and drops to 33FPS in stereoscopic 3D mode.  This doesn't take into account techniques like asynchronous timewarp to compensate for missing frames in VR.Read more: Vireio Perception DX11 Benchmark Sample
Read full article...

cybereality

Re: Vireio Perception DX11 Benchmark Sample

Post by cybereality »

Awesome!

beatet
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by beatet »

Fantastic job. Any release soon? I am playing with vorpx and it is not the same

Neil

Post by Neil »

beatet wrote:Fantastic job. Any release soon? I am playing with vorpx and it is not the same
I don't think we are ready to announce a release date yet. We are still building some fundamentals into the driver as this is a big architecture change. This benchmark represents a huge milestone with DX11 support (i.e. much of the important stuff works); progress will accelerate from here I think.

Regards,
Neil

beatet
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by beatet »

Neil wrote:
beatet wrote:Fantastic job. Any release soon? I am playing with vorpx and it is not the same
I don't think we are ready to announce a release date yet. We are still building some fundamentals into the driver as this is a big architecture change. This benchmark represents a huge milestone with DX11 support (i.e. much of the important stuff works); progress will accelerate from here I think.

Regards,
Neil
Thanks for the answer

dabigloosa
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by dabigloosa »

Cool stuff so far :)
Are there any news about the time frame when we can expect the new version or progress made on this?
I am having a Razer OSVR 1.4 being delivered somewhere in April and wondered if Vireio 4 might be available then also to get the most out of the HMD.

Return to “MTBS News”