Today We Get VR Moonstruck With Robert Godwin

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Today We Get VR Moonstruck With Robert Godwin

Post by Neil »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBY3pIJJzyk

We were saving this story for the most opportune time. Earlier this month, a Kickstarter was launched for a virtual reality recreation of the Apollo 11 mission to the moon. A very exciting concept and idea. They are about 40% funded with a deadline of March 16, 2015 - so there is still plenty of time for backers to join the vision and help make this idea a reality.

At the B.I.G. Summit, we had the opportunity to meet Robert Godwin, CEO of CG Publishing Inc. Robert has made a career of covering the aeronautical and space industries, and is considered a top educator in the field. Through his virtual celestial travels, he has gotten hold of all kinds of unique content and materials that few have laid eyes on. Some of that content is specially created 360-degree images of the moon and stereoscopic 3D captures.  Yes, he has personally worked with nearly all the NASA greats as well!  Very interesting individual.Read more: Today We Get VR Moonstruck With Robert Godwin
Read full article...

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Re: Today We Get VR Moonstruck With Robert Godwin

Post by Neil »

This is honestly one of the coolest interviews we've ever done. Maybe I'm getting old to be excited about 2001: A Space Odyssey - I just found it so interesting.

The Discovery 3D recreation was actually rendered in stereoscopic 3D. Would you like me to share it?

Regards,
Neil

Return to “MTBS News”