Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
By Robyn Beck
In the wake of Facebook's $19 billion purchase of messaging service WhatsApp, the social network's recent $2 billion acquisition of Oculus VR — makers of the virtual-reality gaming headset the Oculs Rift — feels like a real bargain. How exactly Mark Zuckerberg and co. will integrate fully-immersive virtual reality, or VR, into the Facebook experience isn't known yet. (Some have speculated that you'll be able to virtually hang out with your Facebook friends, or take online shopping to the next level.) But the Rift — which isn't commercially available yet—has the potential to change not only social media and address larger societal issues (like being used as a treatment for soldiers for PTSD), but alter the way we consume music, movies, TV, sports and more.
Read the whole story here.
Read full article...
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.
- One Eyed Hopeful
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:54 am
interesting article, although nothing really new said. The bit at the end seems to be the first mention of Wicked Paradise in a great long time, their site and twitter's been inactive for months now. Thanks for the link!