Sharks Bite Virtuix, GameGradeVR Released

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Sharks Bite Virtuix, GameGradeVR Released

Post by Neil »

For a bunch of rich guys, these people look MISERABLE!  Virtuix Omni made an appearance on Shark Tank last Friday, and boy!  These guys didn't get it!  MTBS shared an opinion piece about it on Gamasutra.  Do you agree?

We are also pleased to reveal GameGradeVR!  It's still in beta, so there will be changes and adjustments as we learn more and things develop.  Special thanks to Vadim Krivosheev who invested a lot of time to make this service possible.  Remember to log in so you can make your own submissions.
Read full article...

Flassan
Cross Eyed!

Re: Sharks Bite Virtuix, GameGradeVR Released

Post by Flassan »

Hi Neil. I think it's admirable that you want to defend VR but all the Sharks are saying is that the Omni is too big, expensive and tiring to
use for a volume market. They did say that it’s interesting IP and that’s the first thing they would have asked about (although it would have been edited
out). Jan didn't invent the idea so doesn't own the IPR and I suspect that’s why they went from being so enthusiastic to so irritated within just 45 minutes.

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Post by Neil »

Flassan wrote:Hi Neil. I think it's admirable that you want to defend VR but all the Sharks are saying is that the Omni is too big, expensive and tiring to
use for a volume market. They did say that it’s interesting IP and that’s the first thing they would have asked about (although it would have been edited
out). Jan didn't invent the idea so doesn't own the IPR and I suspect that’s why they went from being so enthusiastic to so irritated within just 45 minutes.
7 minutes! 7 minutes! :lol:

Regards,
Neil

geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

Neil wrote:
Flassan wrote:... within just 45 minutes.
7 minutes! 7 minutes! :lol: ...
Comparing apples and oranges. JanVR said 7 minutes of editted broadcast from 45 minute event.

Return to “MTBS News”