A Word Before Downloading Vireio!

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

A Word Before Downloading Vireio!

Post by Neil »

Good morning!

Today marks the release of Vireio Perception 2.0.  I want to personally express my gratitude to Denis Reischl and Joshua Brown for their hard work in making this software release possible.  Both have a full schedule in challenging careers, and they invested - they volunteered - countless days and hours of their personal time to make this software release possible.

Before opening your first game, please take the time to read the documentation found in the Vireio Perception downloads section.  Read about the features and the thoughtfulness that went into every element of this free open source package.  These are individuals who don't have professional game development careers.  They took it upon themselves to pick up skills and rethink problems for the good of the community and our VR enjoyment.  Even before the software was written, Joshua and Denis had to dissect and remap the earlier work so Vireio Perception could be reborn.

Read full article...

Jymmyl
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: A Word Before Downloading Vireio!

Post by Jymmyl »

Thanks Guys, actually at work right now (UK Lunchtime). I spent last night making my rift wireless & now I have to wait an agonizing five hours before I get to use it!

Have a good sleep then get back onto solving those 'impossible' problems for us (separate aim from look please - go on, I believe in you).

Thanks again

FR3D
Cross Eyed!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: Head Mounted Display (HMD)

Post by FR3D »

It's cool men ... :)

This is a very promising restart.

Is there a description or better a sample how to manipulate the shaders ?

best regards FR3D

Takatu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Takatu »

Thanks ... great job!

Marulu
Certif-Eyed!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: Head Mounted Display (HMD)

Post by Marulu »

It´s sunday, are you going to release the source code today, as promised?
I really am looking forward to taking a closer look at your work.

-Marulu

Neil

Post by Neil »

Marulu wrote:It´s sunday, are you going to release the source code today, as promised?
I really am looking forward to taking a closer look at your work.

-Marulu
I'm hoping it will be available sometime tomorrow. We've already achieved some hotfixes with Skyrim, and there is other stuff cooking too. I thought it would make for a good joint announcement if we could pull it off. I'm just waiting on some updated from the developers to see where we are at.

Rest assured, it isn't open source unless we release the source code - and that will be honored.

Regards,
Neil

cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Awesome!

Return to “MTBS News”