The Power of Perception

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

The Power of Perception

Post by Neil »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRbQ5-Awers

Check out our final new feature reveal before we release Vireio Perception 2.0 on November 28th (American Thanksgiving).  We really hope you like what you see, and that this functionality will become a strong community builder for the Vireio Perception drivers and its game compatibility.

Vireio Perception 2.0 is a proof of concept driver for hopefully something much greater in the not too distant future (with the help of the community).  Help support the effort by joining MTBS' Facebook page, follow us on Twitter, spread the word about Vireio by encouraging game developers to send titles our way for optimization - anything you can do would go a long way for improving the software's compatibility and VR enjoyment at large.

Vireio Perception won't be a replacement for native VR game development, but boy...fun is fun - especially when it's free and open source!

Read full article...

baggyg
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D HDTV

Re: The Power of Perception

Post by baggyg »

Having used Helix to create shader overrides for a couple of games I understand what this is doing. I think it was inevitable something like this would need to be created. I've got a 700 odd steam game collection so can't wait to getting stuck into some profiles. I presume it will become apparent how this profiles can be shared?

I like that perception now has its own setup menu. I'm also intrigued to play with the HUD calibration.

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Post by Neil »

I think we are in a good space with DirectX 9 shader control. The hardest hurdle are game crashes (CTD) with new titles. If there are one or two coders helping out with that, then the rest becomes a lot easier.

Regards,
Neil

skyrimer
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by skyrimer »

Thank you for this, it's amazing the amount of hard work you put into this, and even more for free.

Return to “MTBS News”