Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 6862
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
We are pleased to report that Vireio Perception has finally been updated. Originally founded by Andres Hernandez (Cybereality), Vireio Perception are the first open source VR drivers that let users play modern video games in stereoscopic 3D VR form on the Oculus Rift and similar future devices.
One of the biggest problems the drivers had was an inability to simultaneously render the left and right image at the same time. This was creating a discomfort for gamers, and it couldn't have been solved without rewriting much of the code that makes Vireio work.
While the whole team had a role in making this version of Vireio possible, Chris Drain has spent countless hours over the past few months to overcome this issue, and the work has paid off.
Read full article...
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:34 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D Projector Setup
- Location: Sweden