E3 2013: The winners and losers so far

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
metalqueen
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

E3 2013: The winners and losers so far

Post by metalqueen »

Praising the best, naming and shaming the worst

By Rob Crossley

Winners!

PlayStation 4

Cast your mind back to the conference and ask yourself what, for the first hour or so, actually stood out? The rebadged Final Fantasy XIV perhaps. Or maybe the admirable support for indie devs. (Seriously, try Don't Starve now - it's amazing.) The truth is, though, that Sony's showpiece had largely been a damp squib, freighted down by largely dull talk about PS3 and Vita, and men on stage blathering on about what the wider Sony group could offer. At times, it was openly boring. Then, almost at the death, Tretton sprang to life, coming off the ropes, Ali against Foreman style, to deliver a triple combo that instantly knocked Microsoft's Xbox One on its ass.

Read the whole story here.

Read full article...
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.

nateight
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: E3 2013: The winners and losers so far

Post by nateight »

A great read for anyone too busy with other things to be following much E3 coverage. Thank you.

My take:

Losers: The forthcoming console generation; consumers expecting anything at all novel or exciting from it.

Winners: Oculus, PC gaming, and anyone with the vision to recognize this before the dust has settled.
Shameless plug of the day - Read my witty comments on Reddit, in which I argue with the ignorant, over things that don't matter, for reasons I never fully understood!

Return to “MTBS Newswire”