Doom 3 BFG

Post your comments about official MTBS game reviews here.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Doom 3 BFG

Post by Neil »

Introduction

[stimg='Doom 3 BFG' url=http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/albums/us ... -00-10.jpg]http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/albums/us ... -00-10.jpg[/stimg]
The Doom franchise started as a follow-up to Castle Wolfenstein 3D, and arguably marked itself as a true proof of concept for the first person shooter, and popularized the genre into the gaming standard we have today.

Thinking back to 1993, I think everyone has a Doom story to share. Mine is that I showed it off to my soon to be girlfriend. I don't think she was as impressed with the game as I was, and I honestly don't know why she pursued me after I used Doom as my courtship showpiece, but maybe...just maybe...I owe John Carmack more than he realizes!
Read full article...

cybereality

Re: Doom 3 BFG

Post by cybereality »

Great! Can't wait to play this on the Rift.

BOLL
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: LCD shutter glasses

Post by BOLL »

Sounds very nice indeed! What has always bugged me with Doom 3 was what you described at one point, the "jump into your face" tactic of scaring me, I don't find that very enjoyable as it is a fairly cheap method and does not really set a mood. Just getting creeped out by sounds is good enough for me.

I do like that they have brightened it up a bit though, I want to see what I'm supposed to shoot, and I think I heard in an interview that you can use the flashlight at any time now without switching out your weapon. That sure will make it a smoother experience.

And as cybereality I'm very much looking forward to playing this on the Rift... just worried I will be too scared to play for long ._.

Neil

Post by Neil »

It's a tense game for sure.

Regards,
Neil

purifier
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by purifier »

I've just installed it and tried to play in side by side, it's the only game that gives me an insane amout of crosstalk, making it 100% unplayable, am I doing something wrong?
I'm using the in game 3d option by the way, if I try to run it through tridef3d it doesn't find the game in the list of supported ones :(

cybereality

Post by cybereality »

The DOOM3 environment is probably the worst-case-scenario for ghosting on 3D TVs. Adjusting the settings on the TV may mitigate the issue but its probably not fixable.

Return to “MTBS Game Review User Remarks”