3D screenshots from my upcoming game with built-in SBS support!

orbbu
One Eyed Hopeful

3D screenshots from my upcoming game with built-in SBS support!

Post by orbbu »

Hello!

I've been working on Episode 2 of my Japanese-style RPG series Light Fairytale, which have a built-in 3D mode that output a fullscreen half side-by-side (left-right) 3D image.
This works on all OSs (Windows, Mac, Linux) and all GPUs (Nvidia, AMD, Intel).

You can play in this 3D mode on various setups such as 3DTVs or even VR headsets. In fact I've been testing this on my Valve Index using Virtual Desktop and I think it looks really cool!

I've prepared a few 4K 3D SBS screenshots that you can download in the following link and preview on your favorite 3D devices:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3dynno2xxap1j ... 9.zip?dl=0

On a side note, all of my games have this built-in 3D mode: My arcade racer Super Night Riders and Episode 1 of my JRPG series Light Fairytale, both available right now on Steam!
Please note that the console ports (PlayStation 4 and Xbox One) don't have this 3D mode due to certification rules.

Anyway, please have a look and leave your thoughts! Would you play my games in this 3D mode? What 3D setup are you using?

Thanks!

Guig2000
Cross Eyed!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D Projector Setup

Re: 3D screenshots from my upcoming game with built-in SBS support!

Post by Guig2000 »

Wow this looks good for a single man project.

Maybe your should try to implement openGL or directX quad buffer additionally to SBS?

ohJah5Ti1A
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ohJah5Ti1A »

I recently found a way to play games with SBS on SteamVR under linux and bought both Light Fairytale Episode 1 and Super Night Riders yesterday. Both seem to work very good! Looks like your games are the only ones with built in SBS with native linux binaries (f.e. the linux builds of Trine don't have builtin SBS option, they work fine though via proton). Thank you for supporting linux! E2 ist already wishlisted :)

orbbu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by orbbu »

@Guig2000:
Thanks! I'm not aware of how the quad buffer thing works, my 3D implementation is actually really simple, it's just camera work, nothing hardware. For instance I could have implemented frame packed 3D, but this would limit the compatible hardware.

@ohJah5Ti1A:
Thanks a lot for your support!

floph
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by floph »

Hi,

I also want to make a game with built in 3D Vision support but I am having a hard time figuring out how to that.

I am trying to add 3D Vision support to a dummy game made with Unreal Engine 4.25.

What I tried so far is to add the game to 3DFixManager, created a profile for it and installed the Universal Unreal Engine fix through 3DFixManager.
But when I start the game there is only one 2D image instead of 2 stereo images.
The green text shows, the convergence and depth shortcuts both work OK but F11 (for cycling through stereo modes) does not work.

Do you have some idea on how to add 3D Vision support to a dummy game made with Unreal Engine ?

Thank you !

orbbu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by orbbu »

@floph:

Hi! I'm using Unity so no idea about Unreal. Though you should note that Nvidia have removed 3D Vision / 3D frame packed support in their drivers since quite sometime now. Unless this is a personal project I'd suggest to go for SBS support, which is very simple to implement and should work on all 3D devices forever.

On a side note, I've invested into a Xiaomi UST 4K projector and this is now my favorite way to play my games in 3D!

There is a loss in brightness - though I'm projecting on a white wall / should be better with an ALR screen - but the 3D effect works great! No crosstalk and very high perceived resolution compared to VR.

Guig2000
Cross Eyed!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D Projector Setup

Post by Guig2000 »

Hello, quad buffer is the way than frame packed works: In case of intel or amd, when you use quad buffer, the practical output depends on the display's EDID (so usually, the graphic card will output frame packed or frame sequential), in case of 3Dvision, the end user have more control using nvidia control panel.
It allows a better quality 3D because the stereoscopic pair is not compressed into a sngle picture.

But indeed it may causes some compatibility issue, especially on windows + openGL.

Lizzard
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lizzard »

floph wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:18 pm Hi,

I also want to make a game with built in 3D Vision support but I am having a hard time figuring out how to that.

I am trying to add 3D Vision support to a dummy game made with Unreal Engine 4.25.

What I tried so far is to add the game to 3DFixManager, created a profile for it and installed the Universal Unreal Engine fix through 3DFixManager.
But when I start the game there is only one 2D image instead of 2 stereo images.
The green text shows, the convergence and depth shortcuts both work OK but F11 (for cycling through stereo modes) does not work.

Do you have some idea on how to add 3D Vision support to a dummy game made with Unreal Engine ?

Thank you !
You should speak to the guru's at HelixMod who stereorise games. You could still use 3D vision even though it has been discontinued. There are bypasses for this. 3D Fix manager should handle them for you. The last officially supported 3d Vision driver was 425.31. So you should make a note to users to use this. But I agree with orbbu. Rather focus on SBS because there is a big market for this in Virtual Reality. Im playing many awesome games with Tridef Ignition and Virtual Desktop in half side by side. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwBOKWsv870&t=1595s

icesterftl
One Eyed Hopeful
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

Post by icesterftl »

Lizzard wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:34 am

Thank you !
You should speak to the guru's at HelixMod who stereorise games. You could still use 3D vision even though it has been discontinued. There are bypasses for this. 3D Fix manager should handle them for you. The last officially supported 3d Vision driver was 425.31. So you should make a note to users to use this. But I agree with orbbu. Rather focus on SBS because there is a big market for this in Virtual Reality. Im playing many awesome games with Tridef Ignition and Virtual Desktop in half side by side. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwBOKWsv870&t=1595s
3D Vision only works with DirectX if you switch your game to OpenGL stereoscopic 3d mode will not work...

Lizzard
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lizzard »

icesterftl wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:18 pm
Lizzard wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:34 am

Thank you !
3D Vision only works with DirectX if you switch your game to OpenGL stereoscopic 3d mode will not work...
That is not 100% correct. Natively I believe 3D Vision supports OpenGL in compatibility mode. But there is one guy here who specializes in OpenGL who made it possible to stereorise games on the Vulcan API recently. He stereosrised Detroid become human and Doom Eternal + 2016. As I understand Vulcan is derived from OpenGL. His alias is Helifax and you will currently find him actively taking part in the nVidia section on this forum.

You can find more details here: viewtopic.php?f=105&t=25068

icesterftl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by icesterftl »

[/quote]

[/quote]

That is not 100% correct. Natively I believe 3D Vision supports OpenGL in compatibility mode. But there is one guy here who specializes in OpenGL who made it possible to stereorise games on the Vulcan API recently. He stereosrised Detroid become human and Doom Eternal + 2016. As I understand Vulcan is derived from OpenGL. His alias is Helifax and you will currently find him actively taking part in the nVidia section on this forum.

[/quote]

Question is about why Unreal fails to go into stereoscopic mode when 3D Vision is on...

icesterftl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by icesterftl »

icesterftl wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:41 pm
[/quote]

[/quote]

Question is about why Unreal fails to go into stereoscopic mode when 3D Vision is on...
[/quote]
I found out that Unreal 4 does not support directx 9 and the directx 10 does not support nVidia 3D Vision...

icesterftl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by icesterftl »

Update: I have installed Ureal 3 UDK and it works with directx 9 and 3D Vision is on working perfect...

Here is the link to download it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bylc7B ... FCRzQ/view
Last edited by icesterftl on Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lizzard
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lizzard »

icesterftl wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:19 pm
I found out that Unreal 4 does not support directx 9 and the directx 10 does not support nVidia 3D Vision...
For Unreal please see: viewtopic.php?f=181&t=23379
Losti has done a great job to continue where DHR left. He might be able to help.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”