TrendForce Shared Some Realistic VR Sales Results

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor

TrendForce Shared Some Realistic VR Sales Results

Post by Neil »

ImageThese are easily the most realistic and palatable VR sales numbers we have seen to date.  Credited to TrendForce, the total virtual reality market size for 2018 is 4.65 million units.  This includes PC, console, and stand-alone VR HMD.  The market size was estimated to be 3.65 million in 2017 so the growth isn't all that substantial for 2018.

Combining the classifications of both PC and stand-alone HMD, it is projected that Oculus will have sold 900,000 units (Oculus Go and Oculus CV1) and HTC will have sold 600,000 units (HTC Vive and Vive Focus) in 2018.

The current Sony PSVR sales count is estimated to be about two million units.  The Windows Mixed Reality platform partners account for about 150,000 units in 2018.

The only caveat we see with this report is it gives no mention of solutions like the Samsung Gear VR or Google Cardboard, though it's questionable as to how long they will remain relevant given the direction the VR brands are headed.

Read full article...

Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: LCD shutter glasses

Re: TrendForce Shared Some Realistic VR Sales Results

Post by Dom »

Thats not to bad! $500 a headset about x 4.2 million = 2.1 billion. So that money is divided up between the companies and this is only for 2018. And more money for the accessories and game titles. And I bought three headsets spending over 6 thousand dollars on my computers and VR headsets.

And not everyone is into VR or 3D. We would need a really simple Holographics 3DTV to have everyone is the consumer market buy those. Vr goggles are still clunky and hot to wear on the face in the summer inside. The concept of VR GFX and motion 6 dof is what holograms should be like in the future. All I can say its better than nothing and the Vr headsets out now work real well. :P
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!
Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: LCD shutter glasses

Re: TrendForce Shared Some Realistic VR Sales Results

Post by Dom »

check out the Marvel Powers United Oculus Rift trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JylFxdVmvAk
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “MTBS News”