It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 3D without glasses 
One Eyed Hopeful

Hello!
It's been a few years since I've been on the forum, but I used to come here very often to get news and find configuration tips for 3D gaming and I have good memories of this place. I'd like to mention my science project here https://experiment.com/projects/3d-with ... ro-mirrors I am just one person who's working on this mainly because of my passion for 3D, so hopefully the forum moderators won't mind me mentioning this here. If the ideas are interesting to anyone here I will stay with the thread to try my best to answer questions.

Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:39 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

Added a demonstration of 3D without glasses to the video on my project page. If you've seen it before, skip to 4:28

Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:26 am
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Hello, I think this is a great Idea and function. I was wondering how an autostereoscopic Projector could work. The mirror screen is good but will the screen be like "Reflectors"? or more like motorized dlp micro mirrors or something like that in that the screen needs to be powered on like a 3d tv set.

Honestly it sounds like a good learning project and I hope something like this comes out. If you get it working normally good, I would license the idea out to the projector companies. You could also get subsidy from maybe intel or acer and toshiba.

One of the ideas I had about autostereoscopic displays was to checkerboard inlay depth by 2cm or so with each pixel overlapping each other by -2 micromillimeters and have each pixel the shape of a cube size like 1micromilli meter (3) cubed and have interpixel transparencies between and in depth of the rgb subpixel to give volume depth in "realspace" I would assume. If I could mirror this from a projector instead of a screen it would be good, but a screen is still good.

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:18 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]