Read the whole story here: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Samsung-Blu ... -6119.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Samsung: Our 3D Blu-ray Player Does Work
by Kevin Parrish
Samsung's 3D Blu-ray player passed certification despite previous reports of incompatibility.
Yesterday Samsung sent over an email in response to our article about its current 3D Blu-ray players not working. The story centered on 3D Blu-ray movies functioning incorrectly on the players--movies that were ready for mass production and have not yet hit the market.
Supposedly the Blu-ray players were incompatible because they were shipped before the final certification specs were released by the Blu-ray Disc Association. The previous report also stated that the players were on sale at Best Buy, and that Samsung may need to recall the stock while providing a firmware upgrade plan for current customers.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.