Read the whole story here: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/tec ... le1496732/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Samsung to start selling 3D TVs in Canada later this month
But it remains to be seen how many consumers will be willing to pay a premium for a technology in its infancy.
by Michael Oliveira
Early adopters in Canada can buy a new 3D TV by the end of the month, Samsung said Wednesday, although it remains to be seen how many consumers will be willing to pay a premium for a technology in its infancy.
Samsung is the first major manufacturer to announce plans to launch the new technology in Canada and will sell five LED models of 3D TVs starting March 26.
LED TVs are thinner and more energy efficient than the LCD and plasma models most consumers are familiar with, Samsung says.
The first wave of TVs range in size from 40 to 55 inches and in price from $2,500 to $4,000.
About a week after the LED launch, Samsung will start selling 3D plasmas, including a 50” for $2,400 and a 63” for $4,100. By May, Samsung expects to have two 3D LCD models on the market, a 46” for $1,900 and a 55” for $2,800.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.