Read the whole story here: http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/storage/di ... eport.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Prices of Blu-Ray Optical Disk Drives Drop to $70 – Media Report.
Costs of Blu-Ray ODDs Still Much Higher Compared to DVD
by Anton Shilov
Even though prices of Blu-ray disc (BD) optical disc drives (ODDs) have become considerably more affordable in the recent years, their cost is still up to four times higher compared to the prices on DVD ODDs. Still, the price is not too high to stop one from getting a BD instead of the morally outdated DVD.
Contract-manufacturing quotes for PC-use Blu-ray disc drives are currently at $70 - $80, whereas the price of a DVD drive is about $20, according to a report from DigiTimes, which quotes unnamed makers of ODDs from Taiwan. The manufacturers are quoted as saying that in spite of the price drop, BD will not become accepted until prices for Blu-ray disc themselves decrease to a low enough level to replace DVD discs as a mainstream optical storage format.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.