Read the whole story here: http://www.techradar.com/news/televisio ... res-675422" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Sky's 3D showcase coming to UK shopping centres
Starting this week with Westfield
by Patrick Goss
Sky is opening its first 3D TV experience at the Westfield shopping centre in West London on Friday – the first of many planned displays to showcase the company's forthcoming technology.
With Sky's 3D channel scheduled to launch in April for pubs, and come to homes by the end of 2010, Sky is keen to show off what consumers should expect from 3D TV.
Following a successful first 3D football match – Arsenal v Manchester United last month – Sky will hope that footage including Burberry's London Fashion Week Show, football, rugby, ballet and tennis will convince people to consider purchasing a 3D Ready television and subscribe to the satellite broadcaster.
"Over the next 12 months Sky expects to have over 100 3D shopping centre demos," explains Sky.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.