Read the whole story here: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... f58fddd05b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;3D films have their moment at Oscars
Wins for 'Avatar,' 'Up' show that format is making inroads
by Carolyn Giardina
The 82nd Annual Academy Awards proved a coming-out party for movies shot and released in 3D.
With two best-picture contenders -- "Avatar" and "Up" -- and nominations and wins in categories from animated feature to production design, the stereoscopic 3D format made inroads this year with mainstream audiences and the Academy.
"I think this is a huge moment in the acceptance of 3D, and it is not relegated to a genre," "Avatar" helmer and Oscar best director nominee James Cameron said last week at the Visual Effects Society Awards. "I think this is a profound watershed moment."
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.