Read the whole story here: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=237927" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Batman: Arkham Asylum 3D
Interview: Rocksteady gives CVG the story on its GOTY edition...
by Tim Ingham
Batman: Arkham Asylum was one of 2009's most celebrated titles - so it's little wonder publisher Eidos is readying a Game Of The Year edition for release later this month.
Standard fare, right? Well, not quite.
As revealed on CVG yesterday, this particular GOTY comes will fully functioning 3D - which will no doubt tempt a whole bundle of gamers back to witness Joker tormenting his captors.
Here, CVG quizzes Sefton Hill, boss of developer Rocksteady, about the release, the game's lasting appeal - and the small matter of Arkham Asylum's upcoming sequel...
So... Why 3D, and why now?
It's an exciting new area and we thought it would work really well for Batman. I saw the tech just as we were finishing up Batman and I was immediately excited by it, especially as it worked on both console platforms and didn't require people to buy any new kit.
The opportunity came up for a Game of the Year Edition, so we decided that we wanted to add something special that everyone could enjoy rather than just a re-release with new box art...
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.