SeeFront 3D Display works without Glasses

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
metalqueen
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

SeeFront 3D Display works without Glasses

Post by metalqueen »

CeBIT 2010: SeeFront 3D Display works without Glasses
by Luigi Lugmayr

Another German company called SeeFront is also exhibiting a 3D display that requires no glasses at the CeBIT 2010.
The SeeFront technology is a special optical system embedded in a forepanel mounted parallel to the flat screen monitor. In order to create a spatial effect both eyes must see proximate perspectives.
Read the whole story here: http://www.i4u.com/article31466.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.

DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: SeeFront 3D Display works without Glasses

Post by DmitryKo »

http://www.seefront.com/single_user_3d.php

SeeFront displays deliver 3D content as it is meant to be seen
MTBS should have registered this phrase as a trademark.

As for display technology they use, their patent application shows it to be quite similar to Zecotek multivew autostereoscopic display which uses elecrtonically controlled lens array, however Seafront approach does not involve scanning the lens array in every possible viewing direction - there is a single viewing angle is controled with a head tracking device, so it's essentially a single-view display, not quite suited for home cinema.

MadRussian
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MadRussian »

After reading up on their approach / specs, this is now the display I'll be keeping up on. Auto-S3D, single-user (in other words, feasible for gaming), no-zones, head-tracking, the ability to look around objects... count me in!

No doubt, these displays will start out prohibitively expensive though. One other caveat I noticed:
A laid-back 3D experience: SeeFront 3D displays allow users to move naturally, forward and backward as well as to the left and to the right
Anyone else notice that "up and down" is conspicuously missing from this statement?

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Sounds interesting. I'd like to see one of those in person.

DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by DmitryKo »

MadRussian wrote:Auto-S3D, single-user (in other words, feasible for gaming), no-zones, head-tracking, the ability to look around objects... count me in!
Please make a list of games that support head tracking devices (provided this device has some standard RS-232 interface) and allow you to look around objects with a head movement... a few flight sims maybe, but that's all.
Anyone else notice that "up and down" is conspicuously missing from this statement?
It's because the lenticular lens array only works in a a single plane, typically horizontal plane for autostereoscopic displays.

See what I mean when I talk about cost and technology limitations?

Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Cool solution. Should be able to be compatible with stereodrivers and similar hacks. The biggest caveat should be it's only a "one person viewing" solution....
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “MTBS Newswire”