Read the whole story here: http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTOE6 ... arketsNews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Samsung launches 3D TVs with 2 mln sales target
Samsung launches 3D TV models in South Korea
SEOUL, Feb 25 (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (005930.KS), the world's No. 1 TV brand, launched 3D TV sales in South Korea on Thursday, with an aggressive target as it seeks to defend flat-panel margins and gain an early lead in the emerging market.
TV brands are aggressively promoting 3D TVs in search of ways to raise blended selling prices and improve their product mix after millions of households over the past years bought flat-screen TVs for households' living room, bedroom and even kitchen and bathroom.
Samsung, which competes with home rival LG Electronics Inc (066570.KS) and Japanese makers such as Sony Corp (6758.T) and Sharp Corp (6753.T), introduced three series of 3D models using light emitting diode-backlit LCD display for sale in the domestic market.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.