Read the whole story here: http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/business/ ... 304,00.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;3D TV mass adoption 10 years away
by Liau Yun Qing
Analysts do not see 3D TV being adopted en masse for the living room any time soon, projecting the new technology to follow the same path as HDTV (high-definition TV) adoption.
According to Frost & Sullivan's industry manager of digital media, information and communication technologies, Vidya S Nath, HDTV was talked about for 10 years but embraced only in the last two years when prices fell to a point where mass consumer adoption was possible.
In a phone interview with ZDNet Asia, Nath said 3D TV market cannot be described as nascent and is still in the incubation stage, as the workflow and production of such televisions have either just begun or yet to be rolled out.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.