Read the whole story here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2010/feb ... nd-boycott" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Cineworld backs off from Alice in Wonderland boycott
The UK cinema exhibitor has announced that it will screen Tim Burton's 3D movie, despite Disney's plans for an earlier-than-usual DVD release
by Adam Dawtrey
Cineworld has broken ranks with the UK's other major exhibitors to announce that it will screen Alice in Wonderland, after all.
But Vue and Odeon are still set to boycott Tim Burton's 3D film, because of a dispute with Disney over the release window.
Disney originally wanted to release the film on DVD 12 weeks after the theatrical opening, rather than the industry standard of 17 weeks. After negotiations with exhibitors in recent days, the studio has agreed to stretch the window to 13 weeks, which was enough to persuade Cineworld to sign up.
Alice in Wonderland comes out in the UK on 5 March. Cineworld, which has a 24% share of UK box office, will play the film on over 150 screens.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.