Read the whole story here: http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertain ... 5175.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Cameron defends blue view
Right wing objects
by Glenn Whipp
Time may have ever so slightly mellowed James Cameron's combative approach to life and filmmaking, but that doesn't mean he still doesn't get a kick out of rocking the boat on the way to the bank.
So, as his sci-fi epic "Avatar" sails past $2 billion in worldwide box office, breaking the record set by "Titanic," his last movie, Cameron takes no small delight in the way conservative commentators have attacked the movie. "Let me put it this way," Cameron says during a recent dinner conversation at a Hollywood cafe. "I'm happy to (tick) those guys off. I don't agree with their worldview."
Cameron, though, does take exception to the imprecision of the attacks. Right-wing pundits have called "Avatar" a "deep expression of anti-Americanism" (the Weekly Standard) and "‘Death Wish' for lefties" (Big Hollywood).
All off base, Cameron says — though the "Death Wish" reference does raise a chuckle.
"I think there's something amazingly satisfying when the hammerheads come out of the forest and start mowing down all the bad security enforcers," Cameron says, referring to the movie's climactic creatures-versus-humans battle sequence. "Nature gets to fight back. It's ‘
Death Wish' for environmentalists. When did nature ever get to fight back in a movie?"
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.