Read the whole story here: http://www.pcworld.com/article/189052/s ... ayers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Sony Announces First 3D Blu-ray Disc Players
by Agam Shah
Sony took a lead in pushing 3D movies to homes, announcing on Wednesday a new Blu-ray Disc player and upgrades to existing players so that they will be able to show high-definition 3D movies too.
The company introduced the BDP-S470 Blu-ray Disc model and upgraded existing home theater systems, which will be able to play Blu-ray movies when related firmware for the devices is released later this year, Sony said in a statement. Movies based on the Blu-ray 3D specification, which was finalized by the Blu-ray Association in December, can be shown on the players.
The Blu-ray 3D specification supports devices including Blu-ray Disc players, gaming consoles like PlayStation 3 and high-definition TV models, including LCD and plasma screens. Blu-ray 3D DVD players will project 1080p high-definition images with additional depth, and special glasses will be required to view movies. The specification also will enable 3D graphic menus and 3D subtitles.
Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)
- Posts: 1981
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm
- Which stereoscopic 3D solution do you primarily use?: S-3D desktop monitor
- Non-profit, non-partisan.
- Features user contributed education sessions, blogs, and content.
- Safe to interact, registration requires formal non-disclosure agreement. Membership list is equally confidential.
- Open to all except press. People can join as individuals or companies.
- People say the industry needs to get together and learn from one another. This is our chance.